Chapter 2; Another Day

Izuku's throat was tight and his palms were sweaty as he heard the schoolbell ring. Practice had just ended, and it was time for him for him to confess his feelings to the girl he loved. It wasn't hard for his mind to drift to the worst case scenario; where Ochaco would never want to talk to him again; even though he knew she wasn't like that. He gulped as he looked over to her. Earlier, he'd told her that he needed to talk to her after class. It was a bit hard to convince her to talk with him alone, because she insisted on having Tsuyu with her as they were going to hang out after class was over, but Ochaco seemed to pick up on the importance of the talk when Deku insisted a few times over. It felt surreal to the boy to be at the edge of confessing to his crush, the moment he had waited for, but also dreaded, since he'd met the girl he was now head over heels for. As he gazed at her, he saw that she said her goodbyes to the ones she was hanging out with previously, and briefly spoke to Tsuyu before starting to make her way towards him. He, too, walked in her direction, trying his hardest to look unbothered and happy. "Hey Deku! So what did you want to talk to me about?" Ochaco giggled joyfully as she approached the boy, smiling widely to her best friend. Midoriya looked off awkwardly with a small grin "Can we go somewhere more private?" he asked in a quiet voice, as he felt his cheeks flush. Ochaco nodded and took Deku's hand, bringing him behind a nearby wall, far from the crowd of students, making the boy blush harder as he felt his crush's hand holding his. "I have to meet up with Asui, so we can't go anywhere more private... I hope that's okay with you, Deku!" she said with a sheepish smile, scratching her scalp awkwardly. Midoriya bit his lip "Of course, that's fine!" he assured her, though he felt increasingly anxious. He looked down to his feet, his face reddening by the second. "Don't worry, you can tell me anything! If you don't feel like talking it's also-" she started in a comforting tone of voice, tilting her head and giving a gentle expression, as Deku grimaced. "No! I want to tell you!" he yelped hopelessly, as he tried to straighten his position, putting a hand on the back of his neck and gripping at it as if it would soothe his nerves. There was a bit of silence, concern growing all over Ochaco's face. Finally, Midoriya took a big breath and haphazardly put a hand over his crush's shoulder, looking her in the eyes, with a -mildly- peaceful smile on his face. "Well- I like you, Ochaco. I mean... I love you." he states assertively, his voice weakening as he muttered out the last three words. The girl's eyes widened and she blushed, staying quiet for a moment, as Deku seemed to shrink with every second of silence. "Sorry..." he muttered, before Ochaco pulled him in for a hug. "Oh, Deku... I'm so sorry, you're a best friend to me, and... I don't think I could ever like you like that." she explained sadly, keeping Deku into her grasp. The boy frowned, trying not to tear up. "I should have expected it..." he thought, weakly hugging the girl back. "Why couldn't you?" he asked faintly, still in the bittersweet embrace. Ochaco pulled away slightly so she could look at her friend's face, with a saddened expression. She looked off to the side, and seemed nervous now, too. "I swear it's nothing against you. But I'm already in a relationship, and, uhm... I'm homosexual." she muttered awkwardly, her hands still on Midoriya, who had already retreated his. He frowned further and his sadness only grew bigger. "Oh... That makes sense, I guess. It's fine." he whispered, trying to take back his composure as he nodded off. She smiled lightly, before the boy asked her: "But then... Who are you dating?". Ochaco grinned awkwardly as she finally removed her hands and put them behind her back. "I thought it was obvious." she paused "Me and Asui are together." she admitted, her cheeks rosier than ever. Now Midoriya just felt absolutely stupid- How did he never notice that the two were so close? Even at lunch a few days ago, while both Todoroki and Tenya were looking over at him, the two were chatting without a care in the world. He slid his hands into his pockets. "I'm happy for you two... You should go see her now, right?" he sighed wistfully. Ochaco nodded and said goodbye to him, before leaving to  meet up with her girlfriend on the other side of the practice field. Deku let himself fall against the wall they'd been standing by, and crossed his arms. Suddenly, a blonde hair fell in front of him, landing on his nose...