Chapter 3; Moms and Monomas

Midoriya looked up the wall to the source of the hair that had fallen upon him, with confusion and sore eyes. Above the wall, he could see blue eyes peering down at him, straight blonde hair falling over them. Midoriya frowned as the man behind the wall lifted himself up so his whole face would show. "Monoma..." the boy sighed internally, as Monoma's grin grew wider, and more extravagant. Izuku could already anticipate what he would tell him, gritting his teeth; pondering whether or not he should greet his schoolmate. "Wow!" Monoma exclaimed, his face morphing into the one he usually made when taunting Class A-1 students. "You got rejected hard! You even managed to turn Ochaco gay!" he hooted, totally jubilant, before laughing loudly. Midoriya grimaced and glared at the boy, wiping a tear off of his cheek. "She clearly was already gay if she's with Asui." he muttered after a short bit of silence, averting his gaze from Neito's with annoyance and bewilderment, but the blonde man just kept laughing on and on. "All Might's prodigy can't even get laid~!" he chanted inbetween laughs, causing Izuku to start walking away in frustration. Altough he hated to think ill of other people, Midoryia thought for a minute about how glad he was not to be in Class 1-B with that guy. Even as he took a few steps away, he could still hear the obnoxious boy's cackling. "God Monoma, it's not funny!" Izuku finally whined in the other boy's direction, as tears streamed down his face. Monoma responded by quieting down for a minute, still with a wide smile, before exploding in laughter again, even louder this time. The quirkless hero sighed and quickly made his way back to his home, trying to hold back his tears, thinking he could just down them into his pillow when he was in his bed later. He wondered how he could ever get over Ochaco, a woman he was sure he could have married- but who ended up being a lesbian, of course. He sighed, his heart aching. He felt so embarrassed, in hindsight- He wasn't looking forward to seeing Ochaco in class again the next day, this time. It just felt so awkward... Plus what if she told someone? And could he ever see Asui the same way again? He finally was in front of his house, which he promptly entered, throwing his schoolbag aside as he came in, removing his shoes and taking off his vest, hanging it in the entrance. "Mom mustn't not home yet." he noticed, as he couldn't hear anything. He sighed and allowed himself to burst into tears, hurrying into his room and locking the door behind him, throwing himself onto the mattress, sobbing. He pressed his pillow between his arms, and he cried for a long, long while- Until his mother came home and heard him, rushing into her son's room. "Izuku, what's going on?" she inquired as she barged in to see her own child bawling in his bed, a lovelorn grimace on his tearful face. "Nothing, mom..." the boy sniveled sadly as he hid his face behind his bed sheets, nearly seeming afraid. "Son, no matter what happened... I can understand and help you, alright? You're not being bullied, are you?" she blubbered softly as she looked at her son with deep concerned, sitting down beside him and caressing the top of his head in a motherly fashion. He stayed nestled into his pillows and sheets, sobbing quietly. "I had a crush on Ochaco... But she's a lesbian..." he finally admitted to his mother, who let out a pitiful coo. "Hey, it's alright... You'll find someone else for you, though it's alright for you to be sad about it..." she comforted him in a caring voice, smiling slightly though her eyes gleamed with upset. "No, but it's so awkward now! Ochaco, Asui, Todoroki and Tenya are the only people I hang out with, and we're- they're always with each other. So I have to see her..." he drawled in a demotivated tone, letting his eyes peek from over the cloth. His mom paused to think for a minute, as she kept giving her son caring caresses. "Well... I'm sure she doesn't hold it against you. Ochaco isn't like that." she muttered "But maybe you could try to socialize with the others? There's another class, too, you could go try to network there!" she articulated, she seemed genuinely uplifted by this idea she'd had. Izuku thought about it optimistically for a minute, before thinking back to Monoma's teasing earlier. Maybe he was being bullied. It was no use trying to talk to the Class 1-Bs if Neito was going to be on his case. Regardless, Izuku wanted to be alone for now, so he meekly approved of his mother's idea with a short grin. She beamed at him and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Don't forget to take a shower before heading to bed, sweetie! I hope tomorrow treats you better." she told him gleefully, waving slightly as she left his room. Izuku stayed in his bed for a little while longer.