Chapter 5; Bullying

It had been two weeks since Ochaco had rejected Izuku's feelings for her. He had been quite depressed over these few days, despite the attempts of his mother and friends to make him happy again. It was just hard for him to realize that all that his crush had been building up to was a scorning rejection- and now, all of U.A knew about it. Truth be told, Midoriya was absolutely miserable, and he constantly suffered from Bakugou's harassment, and most of the other students gave him weird looks, or at least it felt like they did. For the young man, the classroom's atmosphere was unbearable and the only class he felt somewhat comfortable in was practice, where he got to take his feelings out into physical exercise. After lunch one day, Mr.Aizawa came towards a disheartened Midoriya and dragged him out of the lunch room to talk to him one-on-one. "Izuku Midoriya, Principal Nezu has made a decision regarding your scholarship." the teacher explained in his trademark exhausted voice, pausing to look down at his student, who seemed curious. "Unfortunately, Midoriya, I won't be teaching you anymore." he drawled, waiting to see the boy's reaction. Izuku looked shocked and worried, "What do you mean, Mr.Aizawa?" he stuttered hesitantly, his eyes widening. Was he getting expelled? Was it because of the rumors? "Am I... Am I expelled?" he winced painfully, looking off to the side in pure anxiety. "No, of course not. You're being switched to Class 1-B. Your mother warned us that you were increasingly upset, and certain students have reported that you've been getting harassed." he paused and sighed "You can't stand up for yourself, clearly. So instead we're moving you where people might be less... Prejudiced." Mr.Aizawa continued, looking at his student's face to try and discern the emotions going across it- surprise, worry, a mix of anger and sadness, but the teacher couldn't tell whether these were inherent to Deku's current state, or a result of the news he'd just delivered. "But sir-" Izuku blurted out with concern, raising his hands to his chest as if he were offended, but Aizawa cut him off "It's already been decided. Starting tomorrow, you'll be introduced to Class 1-B. If you want this to change," he stared down at Deku "Then you need to have a word with the Principal." he finished through gritted teeth, before walking off. Izuku grimaced and sighed as he left, shivering slightly at the idea of talking to the Principal. "Don't tell me even the school staff know about what happened with Ochaco! Maybe it'd have been better for me to be expelled!" he thought, hanging his head as he let himself sat down in the hall. He had to head to class, but he really didn't feel like it- especially because of these news. He was sure that Class 1-B wasn't that bad, but he was worried about having to make all these new friends- and also about the fact that well, it was still likely for him to be bullied there. And as both classes had an equal number of students, was he going to be switched out for somebody else? He grunted, wondering if that student would be upset, and wondering who they could have moved, too. A sweet voice interrupted his train of thought. "Deku! Why are you sitting on the floor? We need to head to class!" Midoriya perked up at the optimistic voice, but realized quickly that it was Ochaco's. He still raised his head to look at her, and she leaned forward to look at him. He noticed Asui on her phone, not far from her. "Ah, Ochaco, hi." he muttered, sighing yet again as he stood up and looked to his feet, even though he would normally look into the girl's eyes. "Mr.Aizawa told me that I would be moved to Class 1-B, because I'm being bullied, I guess..." he dragged onto his words, looking fantastically bothered by what he was saying. Uraraka gasped and glanced towards her girlfriend, biting my lip. "It's all my fault, isn't it? I'm sorry, Izuku. I haven't told everyone, I don't know how..." she pleaded, seemingly very upset "And I was one of the people who reported Kacchan's treatment of you..." she murmured, hanging her head to the side. Izuku furrowed his brows a little, though he only seemed slightly angry. "Monoma probably told someone, he was spying on us. And then it spread..." Izuku sputtered, looking off towards the door of the class he was meant to go to now. Ochaco sobbed a little, clearly very apologetic to the boy who's heart she had broken, although both were aware it wasn't her fault that Deku was in pain. Asui came up to her girlfriend and patted her on the shoulder, planting a kiss on her cheek. "Hey, we need to head to class. Are you okay?" she asked wistfully, glancing over at Deku with some sort of pity. "And you?" she inquired as well, tilting her head lightly. Both Ochaco and Izuku nodded lightly. Asui seemed very concerned, but she simply brought the two to class, holding her girlfriend's hand as Izuku walked by their side alone. "Tomorrow won't be a very cheerful day, not that that's unusual." the boy thought sarcastically as he entered one of his last lectures with Class 1-A.