Chapter 6; Class Switch

Neito was sitting in his classroom, legs crossed under his desk as he looked through his phone, waiting for the teacher to come by. His mood was a bit sour today, after hearing news of his father getting hill while on his business trip. Truth be told, things felt like they were going slower without his dad bossing him around. He missed him, on a very surface level. Regardless of his home life, Monoma was prepared for another normal day of class. He'd gotten scolded by Kendo after he'd talked about how Izuku Midoriya from Class 1-A had been rejected by Uraraka. Truth be told, he mainly just wanted to destabilize the rival class- and he didn't really expect the "rumor" to have the impact it did. But in the end he didn't care that much. It wouldn't be life changing for anyone, everyone gets rejected at least once in their life...

The schoolbell rang and the last few students walked in with inquisitive looks, which Monoma found to be quite unusual. What could they be so curious about? The boy looked around the room at his classmates, noticing that Manga was missing. Maybe that's what it was about? He was probably just sick. Sucked for him but surely something bigger was going on- how did he not know about it earlier then? It was customary for him to know every ongoing rumor in the school, at least for the first years. Something fishy was definitely going on. Finally, the teacher came in, with a hand on a student's back- a student who was no other than Midoriya himself. Neito grimaced and put a hand over half of his face, supporting it. He assumed that his schoolmate had probably just been dragged here to tell Class 1-B about how upset he was with the rumor, the teacher in toe. 1-As could be so whiny... "Quiet, class." the teacher spoke up, clapping his hands together as to grab everyone in the classroom's attention. "Due to an incident, we've switched your ex-classmate Manga Fukidashi with Izuku Midoriya, formerly from Class 1-A. I hope you're ready to welcome him as your new classmate and treat him as well as you would have Manga." he continued with a nod, giving the student a light nudge forward. Monoma froze and his eyes widened. "What..?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, this is a disaster." Izuku thought to himself, as he looked upon his classmates- who all appeared absolutely baffled by the news. Most of them did not seem hostile at all, but some appeared to nearly be glaring at him, while others simply seemed curious about his situation. Some whispered across tables to each other, all the while glancing back and forth between him and their friends. Izuku glanced over to his new teacher, who gave him a light smile and nudged him forward another time, pointing to an empty seat. "You go get settled, Midoriya." he demanded quietly, as the student complied and started walking through the classroom to his new desk. He was between Pony Tsunotori, and Togaru Kamakiri, the latter of which gave him a long, judgemental look, nearly scowling. "Maybe he was friends with Manga..?" Deku wondered as he glanced over to him, before trying to look solely forward. Next to Pony, was Monoma, too. Izuku couldn't forget that it was because of him that he was here in the first place- How would they ever even get along? Class was mainly uneventful, though Izuku couldn't shake off the feeling that he was being watched.