nueve

~

hyunjin arrived home after the 10 minute walk from felix's house. he silently slipped off his bag and shoes, he needed to quickly get to the shower so his mother would believe he'd actually been to football.

however, before he got to the stairs, his mother walked out of the kitchen. "where have you been hyunjin?" she asked, her piercing eyes not leaving her son. the raven haired swallowed thickly, avoiding his mother's intimidating stare, "what do you mean? i was at training"
she took a few steps towards him, "don't you dare lie to me, i know you haven't been going to training. i had your coach on the phone, if you don't go you'll be kicked off the team"

"i-i'm sorry, i've just been feeling too tired"
his mother laughed, "too tired? that's because you waste all of your energy on your stupid dance classes. you do remember our agreement don't you? you can go to your silly dance classes as long as you do a proper sport, football."
hyunjin blinked back the tears that began to form, "i-i remember. i'm sorry, but dance is my passion, it's what i want to do"

"i don't care if it's your passion" his mother spat, "i want a masculine son who does a proper sport, not a girl's sport" she grabbed the males chin, forcing him to look her in the eyes.
"now, tell me where you've been"
hyunjin began to shake in fear, he could see the anger building in his mother's eyes.
"i was at my f-friend's house"
"have they got a name, sweetheart?" she spoke, venom lacing her words.
"h-his name is felix"
"and how did you meet this boy?" she questioned further.
"dance class" he whispered, expecting the worst.

(⚠️warning: mention of homophobia and abuse)

hyunjin ended up sat in the corner of his dark bedroom, his body littered in bruises. he had felt as if he couldn't fight back against his own mother, it seemed wrong. silent tears streamed down his face, the furious and homophobic words that had been shouted at him were still ringing in his head. his mother had also taken his phone away, hiding it so he was unable to talk to anyone, especially felix.

he had never been physically hurt by her before, only mentally. his previous low grade on his history exam had angered his mother enough, but it seemed as if this had been the last straw.