once

~

the sound of the front door closing and the jingle of keys locking it echoed through the cold house. hyunjin sat silently on his bed, waiting for the sound of his mother's car driving away. his mother had kept him in the house for a couple days, not allowing him to speak to any of his friends, believing they were a bad influence. a couple minutes passed and he decided it was safe to begin.

the raven haired male jumped up, walked into his mother's bedroom and began searching all the drawers. with no luck, he turned to the wardrobe instead. eventually, he found it - his phone. it had been under a pile of clothes in the back corner of the wardrobe.

he grabbed his backpack and filled it with anything he thought would be essential before slinging it over his shoulder. he slipped on his shoes and ran towards the bathroom with the one window his mother hadn't locked. he opened it carefully, climbing out and onto the tree right next to the window. haphazardly following the branches down, he made it to the ground and began sprinting. sprinting away from the hell he had to call home.

the rain blurred his vision, but he managed to turn on his phone call the first contact he saw.
"hyunjin?"
the voice made him stop running.
"felix" he breathed out "lixie i'm so sorry, can i come over? please"
"i- yeah, yeah of course"
before the blonde could get another word in, the elder hung up and once again started running.

~

felix was in shock, but before he knew it there was a loud knock on his door. he rushed from his bedroom and opened it immediately, revealing hyunjin, who had been soaked in the heavy rain. the blonde pulled the elder inside, not wanting him to stay in the cold any longer. he wrapped his arms around the taller males neck, holding him close, not caring if his clothes would get damp.

hyunjin wrapped his arms around the younger's waist and before he knew it painful sobs erupted from his mouth, causing his whole body to shake violently. "shh it's okay, you're here now" felix whispered, attempting to calm the elder down. he could feel his heart break with each sob the poor boy let out, but continued to hold him close. eventually, the sobbing stopped and the blonde pulled away from the hug, "you must be freezing, quickly get in the shower and i'll make you a drink okay?"