diez

~

felix entered the school, walking towards his locker as usual. he got the books he needed and checked the time on his phone. hyunjin normally would've been at his locker too by now. the blonde waited for a while before giving up - the elder was nowhere to be seen. he headed towards his first class, spotting chan and changbin along the way. "hey, have you guys seen hyunjin?" he asked curiously.
"no i haven't actually, sorry" changbin replied, shrugging his shoulders.
"maybe he's late?" chan added, "i'm sure he'll turn up soon" he patted the blonde on the back reassuringly. felix sighed, continuing towards his classroom, chan was probably right.

eventually it was lunch break and the australian sat down, scanning the length of the cafeteria. "hey, you alright lix?" jisung questioned, confused by the blonde's actions. "i'm looking for hyunjin, i haven't seen him all day" he replied, noticing the empty seat where the elder usually sat with his friends, "he wasn't in history class either"
"wow you are so whipped" jeongin laughed, "just text him"
"says the one who's whipped for chan" felix retorted, following the younger's advice and taking out his phone.

me
hey hyunjin, why aren't
you at school? are you sick?

he put his phone back into his pocket, engaging with the conversation his friends were having.

"and then he asked me on a date" jeongin gushed, explaining how chan had asked him out.
"that's so cute" felix commented, happy for his friend.
"i bet he's going to ask you to be his boyfriend" seungmin added, smiling as the younger covered his reddening face with his hands.

by the end of the day the blonde was glad to get out of his boring classes. he was finally able to check his phone, hoping to have a reply from hyunjin. however, there was nothing. the elder hadn't even seen the message. felix's concern was growing, hyunjin always texted him back. the blonde tried to think logically, maybe he was sleeping? he'd text back when he woke up, right?

for the first time in days, the australian went to the café alone, ordering his coffee as a takeaway rather than drinking it in the cozy shop.

~

two more days had passed and the younger still hadn't heard anything from hyunjin. he'd text and called him multiple times to no avail. he had even thought about going to the elder's house, but he had never actually been there. the raven haired male would not leave the blonde's mind, the worry was eating away at him. he had hardly slept the previous night, unable to put his mind to rest - desperately hoping the elder would turn up soon.