Chapter Eleven

I wake up at midnight, take my watch, and go back to bed. When I wake up, I sharpen all my knives. I make sure Cato and I are both ready for this. We pack up and head out. It's not super early, but not noon yet. When we reach the outskirts of the clearing, I see movement. Katniss is running for the cornucopia. "Please let me." I say to Cato. I run towards her, and she looks back. In that moment, I throw a knife at her head. It slices right above her eye and she stops and groans. I jump on her and tackle her to the ground. She's shot at me twice, and both times I've dodged it. My heart is racing. I pull out a knife and try to stab, but she grabs my wrist. I keep trying to pull it closer, but I'm not able to. I finally stab, but she's moved her head and my knife is in the ground. I pin her and hold the knife to her throat. "Where's Loverboy?" There's a pause, and she doesn't answer. "Oh, I see. You were gonna help him, weren't you? Well, that's sweet. Too bad you didn't get to help your little friend, that little girl. What was her name again? Oh, yeah, Rue." I say, remembering a note Brutus had sent us on the 10th day, telling us all about her. Katniss seems angered by the fact that the girl is gone, and she spits. "Well, we killed her. And now we're gonna kill you." I can barely believe the words coming out of my mouth. Since when was I a bloodthirsty creep? I pull out a small knife and taunt her, saying I'll give the audience a good show. Suddenly a strong hand pulls me up. "DID YOU KILL HER?" the voice thunders. The person pins me to the cornucopia. "YOU KILL HER?" he hollers. "No," I choke out. "I HEARD YOU!" my heart is beating very fast. "CATO! CATO!" I shriek. "YOU SAID HER NAME!" my captor yells. I look at Katniss, but she seems dazed. I call for Cato again, but still no response. The person holding me up slams me against the cornucopia. I fall to the ground, gasping for breath. He picks up a rock and hurls it with all his might at my skull. Once it hits, all I can feel is pain. The person grabs two packs and runs. Katniss runs too. The next thing I know is Cato holding me. "Stay with me, Clove, stay with me! Please, Clove, don't leave!" I pull Cato in for one last kiss, and then I fall asleep, unsure if I'll ever wake up. 

                                                                                           The end. 

                                                                                RIP CLOVE KENTWELL!