Chapter Thirteen

It's been half a year. A perfect half a year. Today, my team arrived and prepped me for the tour. I look fantastic. We all meet in the middle of the district. Everybody is there, and they're all waving at us. They are wishing us luck. For our victory tour. Cato has his arm wrapped around me. I love him so much. Once we're on the train, we head to District 12. That's where Katniss and Peeta were from. And I killed both of them. Now I'm going to have to see their families. Since the camera didn't catch Katniss's last words, I'll have to deliver them to Prim, Gale, and her mother what Katniss asked me to tell them. I stay silent, but Brutus, Enobaria, Cato, and Aphrodite are talking each other's ears off. One day later, we arrive in 12. Brutus has gone over exactly what our speech should say, and we listen to him. Cato and I step on the stage, in front of all of 12, and Cato and I are perfect. We've remembered what Brutus told us to say word for word. When we're finished, I step up to Enobaria. I whisper something in her ear. She gasps. "That could be seen as rebellious! Clove, are you sure?" she asks. I nod. 5 minutes later, all of us are inside the justice building, waiting for my special visitors. The door opens. Standing there is Primrose Everdeen, Mrs. Everdeen, and Gale Hawthorne. I look at them all. Prim looks like she might cry, Mrs. Everdeen is one of the least focused people I've ever met, and Gale looks ready to kill me. I step towards Prim. "Come here," I whisper softly. She steps forward. I walk towards her. "Your sister wanted me to tell you something. She said she was sorry, Prim. She told me to tell you that. She loved you very much. Very much." I whisper to her. Prim nods, and then she softly cries. I lean down and hug her tightly. "Prim, I'm sorry." I say. I look up at Mrs. Everdeen while still hugging Prim. Prim is hugging me back. "Mrs. Everdeen, Katniss said you have to keep your promise. Ok? You have to." I say. Then I turn to Gale. "Katniss said she was sorry. I'm sorry too." I tell him. He glares at me. "Thank you." He says, his voice stone cold. I nod and Prim whispers in my ear. "I don't know if I can forgive you. But thank you." She mumbles. We let go, and she walks back to her mother and Gale. I look at them all, and cry. I just cry. I don't say anything, but I just sob. "We've gotta go." Enobaria calls. I nod. Cato walks over and picks me up. I bury my face in his chest. The tears don't stop. He carries me all the way to the train. We continue our tour, until finally we're in the Capital. The gala is tonight, and Cato and I are both wearing shiny gold outfits. When we're at the top of the staircase, Cato bends down on one knee. The entire crowd of people hushes so fast, I can hear the breeze. "Clove Kentwell, will you marry me?" Cato says in a loud voice. My mouth drops open. "YES! Oh, my word, I thought you'd never ask!" I say. He stands up and hugs me. I hug him back. We can't quit laughing for the rest of the night. It feels like a dream.

Next week, when we're back at our District, we have a huge wedding. President Snow is there and so is everyone else. I wear a beautiful drapey white dress. Yes, I get that I'm 16 and getting married, but I also won a to the death television show. Life is weird sometimes. But i can handle the weird with Cato by my side.

One more half a year. Last night they announced that this year's tributes would be reaped from the existing pool of victors. Within 4 minutes, Brutus and Enobaria were at Cato and I's house. "We're going to go. You two lovebirds stay home." they said. I'm going to miss them. 

They just left. Cato tells me that at least one of them will come home, but i'll miss the other one. 

The games started yesterday. they ended today. Brutus and Enobaria did amazing, but in the end, Enobaria won. Brutus was taken out by Cashmere and Gloss, siblings who Enobaria killed after Brutus's death. I won't go into how, but let's just say Cato had to cover my eyes. I love him so much. 

All of our futures are uncertain, but with Cato, i think i can handle it.