f o u r

As the class retreats out the front door, Hoseok and I stay back to speak with our dance instructor, we both felt the uneasy nature of our impending doom lurk around us and it isn't pretty.

I impatiently rock on the balls of my feet, silently wishing that the class would make it out of the room faster, I don't miss my friends' send me an apologetic look as they're pulled away with the crowd and I can't help but to send them a confident smile to ease their worries.

Hoseok looks down at me and I hear the boy huff as he observes my confidence cower back down the second my friends leave the room.

I expect him to send me the same apologetic smile, I expect him to bid his own friends goodbye, I expect him to impatiently wait for our teachers next words and overthink his situation, what I don't expect is for the boy to reach down, tightly grip my hand and interlocking our fingers.

I can't help but look between my hand and the nervous boy, confused as to why he was holding my hand. But then again earlier he did have his arm around my shoulders so it was evident that the boy was touchy either way.

I on the other hand was not used to close physical contact and the simple gesture of kindness resulted in what seemed to be my life spiraling to an end.

Hoseok finally notices my baffled look and only sends me a teasing smile. "I thought we could both use the comfort." Says the handsome boy, holding our intertwined hands up in between us to emphasize his point. I can't help but nod slightly and look away in silence, the blush evidently creeping up my face. It would be hard for anyone even remotely looking in my direction not to notice the glowing fervor blatantly displayed on my face and Hoseok was no different, he nudges my shoulder with his and gives my hand a soft squeeze... what he thinks is "helping" but is only adding to the intensity.

With that our teacher finally decides to address us, I don't fail to notice the woman look in between at our hands, then to my glowing face and then to Hoseok, who looks away slightly.

Mrs. Song only sighs, adjusts her standing stance and continues on with what she has to say, "I won't lie, Hoseok, Mina, that was a phenomenal execution."

Hoseok lets out an audible sigh, he lets go of my hand slightly... this class must mean so much to him...why? Still, I couldn't help but feel my heart swell with pride knowing that he was at ease because out or compliment.

Happiness is the best gift one could give another, and that meant that this was one assignment I could not afford to receive a grade anything less than perfect. For some reason, I really wanted to make Hoseok happy.

"Beauty was a given for your performance, but," Mrs. Song begins again and this time I clench onto his hand, for his comfort, Hoseok looks over to me in surprise and I only send him a small smile, just as he had done to me, "Please tell me how that had anything to do with sexual tension? Like common," to our surprise the college professor lumps down onto the floor and sits down crisscross applesauce, leaving the two of us to awkwardly look down on her, "I was expecting Twilight and you two gave me Disney Channel."

My partner and I exchange a surprised look at our teachers blunt words, I speak up, "Mrs. Song, we apologize." Taking my lead, Hoseok slightly bows as if to second my words.

Our professor jumps up off of the floor and sighs once more, putting a hand on either of our shoulders, "Try again. I'll leave my studio to you today, don't forget to lock the doors when you're done."

Hoseok and I watch silently as the women grabs her handbag from her desk and struts out the door. The second the door closes Hoseok drops my hand, I look to my side only to see the tall boy no longer next to me, but exaggeratedly groaning on the floor, splayed out like a starfish and looking at me innocently from the ground, "I am going to die." He finally huffs, groaning some more.