e i g h t

Hoseok and I catch our breath after our spicy performance (above), we felt confident and our classmates loved it.

We were the last to perform today and the hype was already built for the dismissal of class.

Hoseok takes my hand and interlocks our fingers, leading me to jokingly bow in front of our friends, only fueling them to clap harder and cheer louder.

But our egos are nearly diminished when we look over to our teacher, who only sighs and scribbles on her clipboard.

...that was never a good sign, I look over to Hoseok, the boy only awkwardly smiles. From that I knew that he was nervous too.

It had only been a month or so of my friendship with Hoseok but I already knew so much about him and his habits.

Soon after, the class is dismissed but my partner and I are held back.

He continues to hold my hand.

I wasn't complaining.

"A step in the right direction." Our teacher finally states as she walks over to her desk, "And a great choreography, as expected from two of my top students but,"

Hoseok's hands tense up, I comfortingly squeeze and he loosens up just a bit, "where's the story?"

"You missed the entire purpose of the assignment, again." The teacher groans and packs up her things.

She walks over to the door and pushes it open.

With a look of disapproval she says, "Don't forget to lock the door on your way out." And leaves the room.

We stay silent moments, even minutes, after our instructor leaves, deep in thought.

Until Hoseok finally speaks up in the smallest voice, "Mina." He turns to me, grabs my other hand and locks eye contact. "It's your turn."

Without another word, the charismatic boy pulls me into the middle of the room and I barely comprehend what he says.

"Huh?" I manage to pipe out, my nerves running loose.

Hoseok sighs and lets go of my hands, "I've tried two times now and... I just... haven't been able to do it so.. it's your turn now."

I blink repeatedly, his words going straight above my head. In through one ear out through the other.

Until they boomerang back to me and hit me straight in the back of my head. "WHAT?!"

My eyes widen and my breath quickens, "N-No way!! I'm no wear near good enough of a choreographer Hoseok this is insane!! Plus I have no experience in your style—"

Hoseok walks up to me once more and takes both of my hands into his again, "Have confidence in yourself.. You have uncountable years of experience and I've seen what you can do and what you already have done! Please Mina, I'm begging you, please just have confidence in yourself."

The desperation is evident in his voice, he was being so vulnerable.

"Hoseok, no! This is way out of my comfort zone, I'm not a choreographer and—"

Within a millisecond I'm pushed up against the nearest wall, one of Hoseok's hands next to my face but the other side of me completely open, allowing me to escape if I wanted to.

But I don't want to. And so I don't.

"We've been doing a lot of things out of your comfort zone since we've met." He runs his free hand through his own hair, "I've seen you around before."

I've seen you around before.

"You've... seen me around?" I blurt out, "What... what do you mean.. what did you.. see?"

Hoseok melts into his arm, pushing his own back up against the wall where it was next to me, I turn to face him as he continues, "Reserved around strangers that pass, not even smiling at them... quiet around your own close friends in class... I even went to the library to check out a textbook once and I saw you there.. librarian caught me and told me all about you."

"You speak English?" I squeak, getting a little confused.

"What—uh no—??" There's a moment of silence and confusion before Hoseok speaks up again, coming to realization, "I can't believe this! You spend every free hour of your days in front of a computer screen at the library and you're telling me you never talked to the librarian before?! You don't even know that she's fluent in Korean— what the— See that proves my point!!!"

"Well that's not bad I don't see the proble—"

"No, of course it's not," Hoseok immediately shuts down my incorrect assumption about his point, he sulks down to the floor and sits down, I sit next to him, "You go out of your way to ignore meeting new people and communicating— which is more than fine— but... you... you were willing to be strong....... for me.."

Strong.

"S-Strong...?" I stutter over the word. Never in my life had I been told that I was strong. That was a foreign word to me. Nearly as foreign as that librarian that I spent the entire year not speaking to because I thought they couldn't speak korean—

"Yeah... these past few weeks.. you've been analyzing me haven't you? Making sure that you change yourself to make me comfortable... well, I've been analyzing you too Ms. Psych major."

"Hoseok I think you're overthinking who I am." I choke up on my words, hoping that he wasn't actually overthinking.

"I don't think I am, spending the extra hours in the practice room together even when your body physically couldn't handle it anymore.. staying up past midnight studying to get the best grade.. giving up the things you love for success.. that takes commitment, passion and strength."

My mouth numbs I have no idea what to say. He was right, he was more than right.

"I saw what you can do and I know that you can do this too, so please at least, give it a shot."

Something about his tone felt genuine.. it motivated me.

"I'll... I'll try.

....just...."

I get up off the floor, Hoseok follows,

"...know that I'm doing this for you and.. you only...

Since you, you know, have so much confidence in me."

Hoseok sends me his brightest smile, "I like the sound of that."

A/N
Word Count: 1037
I am mentally drained but I promised an update yesterday so here it is
©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad