Chapter 12: Reunion? Part 1

(No POV)

Annoyance, that is all what Kal'tsit feels as she let out a sigh before crossing her arms under her chest. She said that she won't put him to any work and she means it, she wants him to relax, be lazy for once, but god, of all the times, Reunion pick up the wrong day to start up something and even worse, all that were left in Rhodes Island are a bunch of less experience operatos and none of them had any experience to lead, the only one with the highest experience on leadership is the one she wanted to be lazy for once.

It was a mistake on her part to send the more experienced operators out on the field and send some to act as bodyguard to Dr. Bella, leaving behind only the least experienced ones in Rhodes Island.

But it was not a mistake for her to send Ch'en away as a way for Kal'tsit to monopolize (Y/n) but sadly, as a way of revenge or karma, Reunion decided to be a dick today.

Now here she is, standing face to face with a smug looking (Y/n), along side the other inexperienced operators and mostly the available ones too.

God, she may love the guy but that smug look he has annoys her so much.

"I said that I won't give you any work..." Kal'tsit grumbes but loud enough for him to hear.

"Eyup!" He said with a grin.

"...But due to some unforeseen circumstances, I need to deploy you along with some operators on the field." She said, tapping a finger on her arm.

"Uh-huh." He said nodding his head with an annoying smile.

"...And I want you to lead this team." She said with a twitching brow.

"Okie dokie~" He giggles.

Standing behind (Y/n) are the operators that will be deployed under his leadership.

Eyjafjalla.

Melantha.

Kroos.

Cuora.

Vigna.

And lastly....

Nightingale

"I want you to watch over them, they may have experience, but you are far more experienced than them." Kal'tsit said seriously.

"Umu!" He said happily.

And seeing him happy made her worried so much, she knew he can protect them and bring them home in once piece, what she's worried more about is (Y/n)'s nasty habits, after all....

....These girls do not know the hell they will soon walk under his leadership.

Okay, that was overreacting but seriously, she is worried of his sense of direction.

"Now, your mission is quite simple, it is only an investigation..." Kal'tsit said before she showed an image of the ones they need to save. "....Just a few hours ago, we got a distress signal somewhere around here."

Kal'tsit shows an image of a forest, near the ruins of Chernobog before pointing a finger on the forest.

"We have no idea if this signal came from Reunion or a survivor from Chernobog but I want you to check it out just in case." Kal'tsit said before she continues. "...Any question?"

(Y/n) suddenly raised his hand, making Kal'tsit to nod her head, giving him the permission to speak.

"Yeah, I have one, uhm..." (Y/n) points a finger beside him. "...What's she doing here?"

Beside him, stood Ifrit with her preferred weapon, standing beside him with a grin, feeling excited as her hand held onto (Y/n)'s sleeve.

"Ah, yes, she will be joining on some operations." Kal'tsit answers before continuing. "...Though, she'll only join on a selected few."