soulmate | 0

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

four hours left

April 12th, 2020

"Soulmates are dumb."

You remembered how you mumbled that sentence to your parents when you were twelve years old and here you are again, saying the same thing six years after. In a few hours, you were finally turning 18 and you were finally going to see how long it was going to take before you meet the one. The looks on their faces were painted with worry and concern, their grips on their spoons tightened as they watched their daughter grabbing another spoon of chocolate ice cream.

You shoved the ice cream in your mouth, kind of hoping that you get the same excitement as your parents had before you said something. "Honey, aren't you glad you'll be meeting your soulmate though?" your mother tilted her head, dipping her spoon on the ice cream and placing it on your father's cup.

"Well, I'm excited to meet them but... I don't know, mom..." you sighed trying to think of an excuse. "I don't want to think about it..."

In all honesty, you were just too uninterested and it would probably still take a long time before you would be able to know who your soulmate is. Your (eye color) orbs intently stared at the spoon, causing it to levitate in the air.

One of the things you do for fun is pretending you do not have a quirk and scaring people that you do witchcraft to be able to levitate things. Most of your past classmates believed your lie but others, they had to bother you a lot to get the truth out. Of course, you did have a quirk but it was not a notable one and definitely not the type for hero work.

Truth be told, being a hero never really crossed your mind.

The light was dim and you were starting to space out again that your mother had to hold your hand to cut off your concentration of the levitating spoon in front of you. You muttered a small apology before standing up, feeling the cold table wood with your hands and excusing yourself to go back to your room.

Still, even after your parents tried to convince you, you still think soulmates are dumb.

one hour left

Kyoka Jiro called your number for 5 times now and you didn't bother to pick up until the sixth call showed up on the screen of your phone. The light illuminating off the piece of technology brightened your darkened room. You were throwing a tennis ball into the wall in front of your bed and catching it as it bounces back to you. You swiped 'answer' and hearing Kyoka's tongue click on the other line.

"Took you long enough, (your name)," she said in annoyance and even if you couldn't see it, you could hear the shuffles on cloth on the background signaling that she was crossing her arms at you. "Sorry, I was busy ignoring calls today. Anyway, what's up?" you continued to throw a tennis ball on the wall, hearing the girl sigh on the other line.