𝟙:𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎...

✰·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Chapter one ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·✰
-
-
-

• ACT 1.Book 1•

I awoke to the despairing sound of my alarm.
-
Today was like any other day,nothing too fancy but interesting enough to keep me living. I sat down in my bed knowing full well that if I would've hastily gotten up an instant wave of overwhelming dizziness would take over my brain. Instead I took my sweet time waking up fully before unplugging and grabbing my phone,looking at my schedule.

"Ugh...why must I have a meeting today.."I protested. Just as I was about to get up I heard a gentle but firm knock on my door. "You may come in" I simply stated putting my phone besides me before taking the covers off of my bottom portion of my body.

"Pardon my interruption (y/n) ,I'm here to tell you that breakfast is almost ready, maybe in about....uhhh..twenty minutes or so."she said with a smile"You know you don't need to be so formal Tris, And for gods sake you are my guest! I should've been the one to make breakfast" I quickly replied getting up. "Oh no no no, I wouldn't want to be a burden to anyone especially my bestie." The female said looking at me with a wide smile and a sympathetic look. I was about to remind her that she was not a burden but as I was trying to pick the appropriate words she beat me to it. "Well I'll let you get ready, see ya in a bit!" She said enthusiastically before stepping out of the room and carefully closing the door behind her.

I sighed and looked in the mirror that is neatly put up in the quartz wall. "God..I look dead or something." Is said noticing my hair was no longer a part of me and appeared to have a mind of its own. "Guess I'll shower now,"I said taking my eyes off of the mirror before turning around, my bare feet feeling the comforting softness of the carpet underneath them.

I walked through a small and short hallway over to the bathroom that is lucky connected to my bedroom. I stepped inside, closing and locking the door before I went over to the shower. I opened the shower door putting my arm through before turning the silver handle that was connected to the wall. At the same time water spilled from above my arm. I took my hand out and got undressed. I then stepped into the shower. As soon as my feet touched the water below them,I was greeted by a heavenly touch of warmth and life. I showered rather quickly....or should I say quicker than I usually do,considering the fact that breakfast was almost ready, and grabbed the towel that was besides the shower door. I then proceeded to wrap it around my body cautiously and holding it in place with my left hand and head straight to my closet.

When I step out of the bathroom , my skin is engulfed in a blanket of freezing wind that does not seem to go well with my freshly washed skin. The towel almost slipped off of my skin, however I caught it just before it hit the floor, but it wasn't good enough for most of my body was exposed to the chilly air which send a couple of shivers up my spine.

Once I get to my destination I open the door to reveal a medium size walk in closet. I step in and look at the rows and rows of clothes neatly hanging on a railing or folded and tucked neatly in their selective sections.In the middle of the room there is a fluffy,soft light grey carpet, similar to the one in my bedroom,and a bright red pouffe stool right in the middle of it all. I look around and debate on what to wear before choosing a simple but cute velvet button up shirt and a black high waisted pleated skirt that stops a little above my knees,as well as some cotton thigh high black socks and a pair of low heeled beige ankle boots. I then proceed on blow drying my hair making slight curls at the bottom. Talking about my hair I decide to leave it as is because it looked good enough.

I also thought it would be a good idea to apply some makeup so I go up to a cabinet right next to my dresses section and take out my makeup essentials. I decided that I wasn't gonna do anything special today. Besides, when I wear makeup I feel like my face is caked with the stuff so I'd rather not.

Once I'm done I step out and go down the stairs while my hand gently grazes the wooden railing. When I reach the bottom I am hit straight first with the delicious aroma of breakfast. I head over to the kitchen with no other thought than to devour an exquisite meal.

I walk into the kitchen and help Tris out by putting our meals in the plates. With that out of the way we head on over to eat, Tris took our drinks and I took the plates. We then walk out of the kitchen and into the large dining room. I place the plates right besides each other seeing that if I were to put them opposing each other it would take more time. Tris follows my lead and puts our drinks right next to them.

"I think I'm gonna have to go home today (y/n).." Tris says softly as she sits down. "What?Why?" "You know why, the government is so messed up right now. Ever since those countryhumans came by everything was good,no not good, it was EXCEPTIONAL, but now that they're gone it seems as if humanity can't function properly anymore... Besides I have to go take care of Jason.." I let the words sink through. I mean she wasn't wrong...we had this incident some months ago were these strange people with the flags of several countries appeared and took over their respective areas. They soon became the new leaders of this world , the best ones we've had if I do say so myself,not to mention they made the economy better.
"I guess you're right.."

I stared at the untouched food before me. It looked so appetizing, but after remembering how f*cked up our world is right now I just couldn't bring myself to eating, it was just depressing... Instead I drank some of the coffee in the ceramic cup, the warmth of it burning my tongue at first before reluctantly getting used to it. "Just promise me one thing"I manage to blurt out. "And what would that be?" "Just..don't stress too much over Jason, ok Beatrice?"

" I wont (y/n),don't worry about me"

-
-
-
-
-
I knew that going to work was useless, even if I had a meeting. Instead I decided to occupy my mind to something else. I started to walk over to my study debating if I should finish up some paperwork I had left over. I opened the door and walked over to my desk. Everything is just as it should be...good. I started reading and signing, page after page, everything in a perfectly balanced cycle. I guess I got too into it  because before I knew it something disturbed this peaceful cycle, two noises that changed my life forever....

Glass breaking

                             And

                                       A deafening scream

-
-
-
-
-
-
___________________________________________
April.20.2020