𝟜:𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜

✰·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Chapter four ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·✰
-
-
-
"Guess I'm glad I'm not going to work today," I mumbled as I walked back to my office. Not that it mattered really, we had no work till later in the week and the work we do have assigned I can do it from home.

I turned the metal doorknob and entered the room. As I closed the door behind me, My brain and eyes took notice of the big mess that was laying on top of my desk in a synchronized manner. Papers and papers without an order nor end. I started walking up to the uncomfortably disturbing mess and got mentally and physically ready to work.

I classified everything to make it easier for me for when I turn them in. I then proceeded to grab another dreadful yet small bundle of papers and put them in their respective stack with the others. It was seemingly satisfying to say the least however frustrating at the same time due to the amount there was. I slid back to my chair mentally exhausted and grabbed my phone. I started going through some important things and saw a text from someone in the notification tab. I slid my finger from the top of the device to the mere mid center near the end and saw the notification was from Tris. I quickly put my finger on it and it instantly send me to a conversation I had with my best friend not too long ago. My eyes automatically fell to the bottom of the screen and saw a new text message.

Tris👌

< hey girl! I'm back home so don't worry and stop working yo butt off

I sighed in relief to know that she was back home. I knew she was right and I decided to go out to the kitchen to prepare some coffee, maybe read a book. I left my phone on the desk and stood up from the leather chair before putting it in the space between the desk and the floor till the back rest hit the desk's edge.

I straightened up my skirt and put my hand to the cold metal doorknob.
-
-
-
??? POV

In all honesty, this place is very grand. She must have a well paying job, how else could she afford a place like this? Inheritance perhaps. If the others aren't irrational and stupid just this once, staying here could benefit us greatly. Of course I mustn't get my hopes too high since they always act impulsively which would most often lead to a disastrous mess. I really don't like and trust any of the people here, or anyone for that matter. With the exception of my son of course. They feel the same way about me so I don't really care. As long as they stay away from me I'll stay away from them. Most of the time I never got involved in their little arguments, or at least tried to. This time I was successful and decided that I would explore more of this place that I'll gladly call home for a while. I slid past everyone and started walking, not really paying attention to anything as I mindlessly walked through the place.

Soon enough I came upon a giant wooden door, with delicate carvings engraved on it. I was hesitant at first not knowing what could await me, but curiosity got the best of me and I opened it a bit. Once I opened it my eyes were greeted by a delightful sight.

A big room made of the same material as the house except the wall facing the outside of the house was made of glass as well as the ceiling, except for a spot in the middle that was made out of a dark and beautiful piece of wood in a hexagon shape. The wooden part held a gorgeous chandelier. The glass from the beautiful chandelier gave off a delicate light that gracefully painted the area around it. The crystals swayed and twirled in a rhythmic manner. In the wall to the left was a small door that camouflaged with the so said wall and to the far right opposing the small door was another couch with an armchair next to each of its sides. A wooden table placed promptly in the middle. This whole little set up was facing the glass portion of the only thing that separated my presence with that of the outside world.