part seven - training

POV: (Y/N)

It has been two weeks now since Hawks and I had gone to our first date and we had gotten pretty close. Neither of us had the guts to ask the other what we were, if we were just fooling around or if we were an actual couple. It was difficult for the both of us for very different reasons.
Lets just say we both had other things to wory about... eventhough having that clarity would be really nice. 

It was a normal day, I had gone to work and as usual the past week or so Hawks came in late.
It was getting really annoying. This guy owns this agency so why can't he even show up on time.
I sigh as I just sat at my desk, typing down another email to U.A. as Hawks had insisted on getting one of the 1A kids as an intern... because he has the head of a bird.
He had many other good qualities, his quirk is quite impressive and extremly strong but all that mattered to my stupid bird brain boss was the fact that this boy had the head of a raven.
I sigh end send off the email once I was done and take a sip of my coffee.
At least the coffee mashine hasn't let me down yet.

"I am sorry Chickenwing, I slept in again" I heard Hawks say as he opened the door.
'He looks kinda tired' I think to myself but shrugg it off quickly.
"It's fine I guess, just that you keep missing patrol... At this point I'm kind of doing everything anyways"  I say calmly. I wasn't even mad, it is not my business.
"Yeah I know... sorry about that" He sighed and lightly rubbed the brifge of his nose.
"I'm not a great boss... that's why I need people like you around" He said and looked at me, giving me one of his sweet smiles. I couldn't help but smile aswell.
"Can I maybe make it up to you somehow?" He asked and I just shrug, I didn't need more money or free time or anything like that.
"Not really to be honest. I am alright" I say calmly.
The Hero pouted as he walked over to me "Really? Not even a date or something?" He asked which I rolle my eyes at "That's a selfish offer isn't it?" I ask and chuckle softly.
"well yeah maybe" He said and laughed.
"I know you've said you didn't want to train in the past... but I want to train with you and bird boy together so do you think we could go and test out your quirk a little more later? Just so you get better controlle over it before we train with the kid" He sai, suddenly chainging the topic which caught me off guard.
"I... Why can't you just accept that I don't want to get into that kind of stuff... I have a good reason okay? I don't want to do this" I sigh and lean back in my chair.
"Just this once okay? Please Chickenwing. It bothers you and I want to help you to get over it and to become a stronger and more confident person" He said seriously and sighed.
"You are so annoying... you'll keep going until I say yes, won't you?" I sigh which he nodded at.
"Fine, one time! That's all you get" I say and look away.
'This was the one thing I wanted to avoid during this job and here I am just accepting it... great (Y/N), where did your stubborness go?' I think to myself alerady annoyed at myself for letting it get this far.
He smiled happily and walked over to me, pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead "Thank you Chickenwing. You won't have to worry about it, I promis. You'll do well" He said calmly.
I sigh softly, feeling how the anger slowly faded away. There is no way I could be mad at this man for a long time.
Once Hawks had left my office to go out to patrol I went back to doing my own work.

Once my work day was over I took the elevator to get to the ground floor. Hawks said that the training grounds were on the ground floor which woul make sense.
I sigh and walk over to the huge doors leading to huge rooms.
Everyone was the size of a school Gym. One of the doors had a note on it and I assumed that this was the room we were supposed to meet in.

'Hey Chickenwing,
This is the room we'll train in. I've left an outfit for you in there
since you can't train in your usual outfit.
Just get changed in there and wait for me. I will be there soon.

From: Hawks x '

I roll my eyes lightly and open the door after taking down the note. I look around seeing the outfit laying on  a bench, waiting for me. I expected it to be something pervy but to my surprise it was just a backless sports shirt, like I already own them and some shorts, but not the super short type. Just normal shorts.
Just typical clothes you'd wear while going to the gym, accept that the shirt is backless, but that was to allow my quirk to move freely without burning the shirt.
I get changed as I was all alone in the huge room.
'It's been a while since I've been to the gym or since I have done any kind of sports... this will be an embarrassment' I think to myself and sigh lightly.
I was sitting around for quite a while, waiting for my bird brain boss to arrive.
The door flew open after a while and I look over "Finally you're here, took you long enough" I say and get up from the bench I was sitting on.
"Sorry, there was a villain attack on my way back" He sighed as he walked over.
"I see... I hope it went well then, you're not injured so I'm guessing it's fine" I say and shrug calmly.
"Yeah it wasn't a big thing. Ah you're already changed, that's good. Lets start right away" The winged man said as he took off the tan jacket of his Hero outfit, leaving him in his tigh black shirt with all the weird yellow stripes on it.
I nod lightly and follow him to the middle of the room. "So what exactly are we doing now? I showed you all I could do" I sigh and cross my arms.
"Well I still think there is more to it, so activate it and we'll play around a bit, trying to figure out what you are able to do" He said and smiled.
I sigh and nod just following what he said. I activate my quirk, feeling the heat of the fire wing behind me.
"So you said you were able to fly with it before the wing got damaged?"  he asked which I agree to. "Flying with one wing is kinda difficult you know" I say and sigh.
He nodded "trust me, I should know" He laughed.
I nod a bit and stretche my back a little bit as the feeling of using my quirk after such a long time was very strange.
"good, lets see what these wings of yours can do. Try to attack me, just do whatever feels natural. Don't worry, I work with Endeavor, I can dodge" He said and laughed as he saw my confused and worried expression.
I really didn't want to hurt him because I can't controlle my quirk. The world needs him, I can't be the cause of his death.
'You're overthinking' I think to myself and take a deep breath.
"Well alright I guess" I sigh and with a big flap of my single wing I send a wave of flames out infront of me.
Hawks isn't an idiot so he was out of the way fast enough "See? That's really useful!" He said and laughed. "That's amazing!" He said and quickly came over.
"Does it burn yourself? I was out of the way but I could feel the heat all over my body" He said calmly. I shake my head "No, it doesn't burn me. It feels warm but that's it" I explain.
He nodded "Can you try to fokus it more on one point? Or maybe cover a bigger area with it?" He asked as he walked over to me.
"That would be a lot easier with two wings you know" I sigh and look away a bit.
"Can I ask what happened? How did you loose the wing?" He asked curiously.
"You'll keep annoying me for the rest of my life, so fine... I'll tell you" I sigh and turn off my quirk.
"Do you see the scar across my left shoulderblade? I got into a caraccident as a kid and it was pretty nasty. My father and I almost died as we were pierced by the parts of the car. It damaged my shoulder and I was no longer able to get a proper wing out of it... My quirk activated as the car pressed into my shoulder and I set the car on fire... I'm not getting into any more details" I say and sigh, looking down at my feet.
This will always be a day I remember, no matter how hard I try to forget it. Whenever I remember it, it feels as if it had happened yesterday.
"I am sorry to hear that... do you still have pain in your shoulder? Does using your quirk hurt so you can't fully use it?" He asked and I nod.
"Well no matter how hard I try the wing won't fully come, it's broken. It also hurts to use it too much. It was really bad. It took months to get the movement of my shoulder back properly" I say and just try to avoid his staring eyes.
The winged man walked around me and stopped right behind me.
'Why does he have to look at it' I think to myself.
Just as  was about to turn around to make him stop his warm arms wrapped around me and his soft lips pressed a kiss against the scar.
"I think it's badass. I see you're insecure about it and you hate it but there is no need. Scars show your strenght. They show you survived" He said, sending a shiver down my spine.
I cover my face with my hands, trying to hide the blush that was forming on my face.
'It's been a while since anyone had said something like this to me... it feels good eventhough I wasn't strong that day... I was anything but.'
"Thanks Hawks... I just don't like remembering these things and using my quirk just makes me remember it... that's why I don't use it" I sigh and slowly turn aroung in his arms.
He nodded understanding. "But these things are holding you back. I know you can get past this. Your quirk can do so much more good. It might have done harm in the past but that doesn't define you or your quirk" He said.
He was a lot more serious then normal. He really meant what he was saying and it shows.
"Yeah... I guess you're right but it's just really diffcult" I say and lean my head against his chest.
It was really comforting to be in his arms, I didn't want to leave his warmth.
"Come on, I'll help you to train your quirk so you have better controlle of it and trust yourself more with it. That might take the fear" He said
"Fine... I'll give it a try okay?" I mumble, not really looking up at him.
'What other choice to I have anyways?'
He smiled and nodded "Good, thanks for trusting me. Maybe we should leave it at that for today though." He said and slowly let go of me.
"Hawks... can I spend the night at your place?" I ask and finally look up at him.
I had stayed over at his place a few  times but it has always been him who had asked me to stay over. This is the first time that I asked to spend the night with him.
I just really didn't want to go home only to be alone, facing my thoughts and nightmares.
A big smile spread on the Hero's face as he nodded "Of cource you can!" He said happily and pulled me back into his arms. I playfully hit his arm, not able to hold back my smile.
"You're an idiot. Lets just go" I say smiling.
His dorky smile just made me heart flutter. His excitement is really contagious, so I was now really looking forward to spending the night with him, the butterflies in my stomach just didn't stop flying around.
I grab my clothes and soon I found myself in Hawks' arms, in the air, flying to his penthouse. I still hadn't gotten used to flying like this but I wasn't as scared as I was the first time he had carried me through the air.
Once he set me down in the middle of his living room I finally realx and take off my shoes.
"I'll never get used to flying around with you" I sigh and set my shoes down near the entrance.
"but it's fun and a lot easier to travel like this. No traffic jams" The Hero said and laghed softly.
He went to get changed out of his Hero costume and I just sat down on the couch, grabbing the tv remote to turn the tv on. I didn't like the silence while I was waiting.
Once I had found a movie that didn't sound totally boring I put the remote down again and realx.
"What are we watching Chickenwing?" Hawks asked as he sat down next to me on the couch, gently placing his arm around my shoulder.
I shrug calmly "I don't know, all the rest looked boring so I just put this one on" I say and lean against the Hero's side calmly.
"Lets order Pizza for dinner" He suggested as he took hold of his phone. I just nod in agreement.
Hakws ordered us some Pizza and I just stay quiet, staring at the screen infront of us. I wasn't really paying attention to the movie that was running, I was stuck in my thoughts.
About my quirk and the accident that actually had killed my father, just that the cause of his death wasn't the accident but the fire that my quirk had started.
My mother had kicked me out after that and I was going through life alone.
"Uhm... I'm sorry about earlier with the sudden burst of my traumatic childhood" I say after a moment. I really didn't want to tell him, but he just kept pushing and pushing so I felt like I had no other choice then to tell him.
"What are you saying Chickenwing, it's okay.  I don't mind, I'm happy that I can be the one to help you" He said and looked at me calmly.
"You seriously should stop worrying about that stuff so much. You'll be fine and no matter what happened is in the past. It can't be changed and you have to accept it" 
I just nod a bit at his words. "Yeah you're right" I sigh and keep lookinh away.
"Oh come on, now don't pull such a long face Chickenwing, I don't want to see you sad like this" The Hero pouted, gently lifting my chin so I was forced to look up at him.
"You're a good person. You need to understand that" He said and smiled.
I nod and can't help but smile a little bit aswell.
That's when I realized how close our faces were, our noses were almost touching and I could feel his warm breath on my skin.
I quickly look away, trying to move away but he just pulled me back towards him.
"Where are you going Chickenwing?" He asked, the corners of his lips curling into a smirk.
I feel the heat rushing into my face as my cheeks took the colour of a tomatoe.
I couldn't say anything, my heart was racing and I didn't know what to do.
'Is he really going to-'
I couldn't even finish thinking the though as Hawks closed the distance.
His soft and warm lips pressed against mine, his beard lightly scraching against my chin.
After a moment of shock I slowly melt into the kiss and close my eyes.
It felt like the butterflies in my stomach had exploded as my heart kept on racing.
'This is it... You really fell for this man, You really fell in love with this man (Y/N).'

[There is no good fanfic without a tragic backstory of the reader so here ya go.
Be prepared for some spicy stuff next chapter! Also I am sorry for the late update. I already explained that I don't usually upload often and I got very busy and lost the motivation. I hope you enjoy this chapter.]