Part ten - Where are you?

POV: You

'Great, now I also have to pick up Tokoyami for his internship and I have no idea what I am supposed to do with him'
I think to myself as I was on my way to pick him up from UA. I could show him around the agency and let him patrol with one of the other Heros, working for the agency... maybe Hawks will come back in time so he'll be able to meet him.
A few days had passed now since I have last heard from the bird man and I am starting to get more and more worried.
'He said he'd be away for a few days so he should come back soon, right?' That is what I have been telling myself every day since he had left but I wasn't sure if I could trust these thoughts anymore.
I finally arrived at the Hero school, parking the car I grabbed from the agency, as I didn't have a car myself. I got out of the car and headed towards the huge building. I had no idea where I had to go, this campus is way too big and there are way to many buildings.
'Don't get lost (Y/N), you'd embarrass the whole agency' I thought to myself, just heading to the central building, hoping I'd either find Tokoyami himself or one of his teachers.
I didn't meet anything so I got to the 1-A classroom, after searching for like 20 minutes. I sigh and finally knock on the classroom door, waiting to be called in. Once I heard Aizawa's voice I opened the door and peaked into the classroom "Hello, I'm from the Hawks Agency and I am here to pick up Tokoyami for his internship" I say calmly. I scan the classroom, finding the boy who had the head of a raven. "Sure, go ahead Tokoyami, you can leave" Is all the teacher said before turning back to the class.
The bird boy got up, took hold of his bag and headed out with me "It's a pleasure to meet you. I am very happy to have this opportunity" The boy said in an oddly formal tone.
"Oh, no problem. Hawks really wanted to have you at his agency... I'm sorry he is not here right now. I actually don't know when he will come back from his mission so you might have to put up with me and some of the other Heroes for now" I say calmly and walked back to the car, to drive back to the agency. "I see, he is a busy man, so I understand." He said again in that awefuilly formal and calm tone.
I nod a bit just playing off as if he was on a normal mission just as always. I once again park the car when we got back to the agency, getting out "Well then, here we are. Welcome to the Hawks Agency. I'll give you a little tour of the building today and then we'll figure out what to do with you. Hawks had all the plans but like I said he is gone and I don't know what he had planned" I say, my tone drifting off, getting a bit passive aggressive. I hated that he just left me alone like this, dealing with the whole agency by myself.
The boy kept following me as I walked around the while office building, showing him the differant departments of the agency, hoping he'd learn at least a little about how agencies work.
"Well that's the whole comples. I am afraid I can't really do much more for you. I'm not a Hero and I don't use my quirk a ton, so I can't train you or go on patrol with you. I'll see if one of the Heroes is free right now to take you on patrolle or something" I sigh once we had reached the top of the sky scraper, where Hawks' and my office were. The boy looked at me and nodded "Thank you for showing me around. I hope I am not a burdon" He said calmly. He kind of was but I could never just say that, that would be just cruel. "Oh no, don't worry about it." I say and smile a bit.
I find one of the other Heroes and tell him to take Tokoyami out on patrol with him before I went back to my office. I still had my own work afterall. I finally sit down at my desk looking up, only to see a letter laying on my keybaord.
'What is that doing here? Why isn't it with the other mail?' I take hold of the envelope and slowly open it, confustion filling my mind. I pull out a letter and look at it. It's addressed to me.

'Hey Chickenwing,
I hope you are safe. I am sorry that I am still not back.
Things have changed a bit and I am not sure when I'll be able to come back. Please make sure that you stay safe, I got some people wanting my head and I don't know if they might want to come into contact with you, so be careful who you talk to.
Come and meet me in the parkinglot of the grocery store near the agency at around 3 am. I don't have much time but I want to see you and make sure you're okay myself.

xoxo Hawks'

I stare at the paper, not sure what I was supposed to even think.
'Is this asshole serious?! What the fucking hell did he get involved with now? He really can't be left alone can he?'  I sigh heavily, leaning back in my chair, trying to process what I just read.
It's definetly his handwriting, so I ma not being fooled here... right?
After reading that, there was no way I could concentrate on my work properly. I was busy worrying about my boyfriend, just hoping that he would be okay and that I wouldn't get pulled into any of this shit, but now that it's public, of cource I became a weakspot of his.
I finish my work after a while, eventhough I didn't do it properly nor well, my mind being busy with other stuff.
'There is no way I could fall asleep and get up at 3 am... might aswell just stay here and do something productive' I think to myself. After thinking for a while there was only one thing that would be actually useful to do and as much as I hated it, it was the best thing I could do right now. I head down to the first floor, heading to one of the training rooms. There wasn't realy anyone else at the agency at this point which gave me a good chance to at least train alone by myself. I might aswell get to the point where I can defend myself if this guy really gets me in danger... I don't want to be a burden afterall.  I take off my shirt as I didn't bring any backless shirts. Who cares, I was alone and just trying to get my quirk to be useful, nobody had to see this so I could run around shirtless for a bit.  I walk into the middle of the room, taking a deep breath.
'Come on, I know you hate this quirk but maybe it can be useful and safe your ass' I think to myself and slowly activate it, keeping my eyes closed.
 I feel the heat spreading on my back as the wing formed. I took a moment to get used to the tingly feeling on my back before I actually started to move the wing, just wanting to get more control over it, so I won't accidentally burn down a house, or a car... again.
'No, don't think about that now... This is to safe your own life, not harm other' I think to myself, trying to get more confident, but it wasn't easly all alone. I slowly figured out how to move the wing effectively to shield myself from whatever might happen, which was already really useful in case I would actually get attacked. It still would be easier with two wingst but still, I was able to make my single wing large enough and wrap it around myself, like a fire wall, to protect myself.
Controlling the size and the heat of the flames was really useful as I could control the intensity of an attack and choose weither to make it a fokused attack or a wide spread attack. I kept fokusing on controling that before I'd start to figure out any forms of attack.
The time went by faster then I expected. I trained like that for hours, getting a better feeling of my quirk. The next time I checked the time I already had to head over to the grocery store to hopefully meet Hawks there, who knows, maybe it was a scam after all and he wasn't there but a bad surprise.  I look around for the winged man and finally spot him, standing in the corner of the entrance. I walk over, still having a really bad feeling about all of this.
"Hawks, what's going on?" I ask as I approached him.
He looked over, smiling. His smile was different then ususal, it wasn't as happy and joyful, it looked like a sad smile.
"Hey Chickenwing, sorry for scaring you like that" He said, pulling me into his arms. I rest my head against his chest, wrapping my arms around him "Keigo, what's going on? I am worried you know? You can't just leave like that" I say, closing my eyes, trying to enjoy the moment as much as I could, as I had no idea when I would see him the next time. "I know Chickenwing, I am sorry for that. I just got wrapped up in a secret mission, I can't tell you any details but I would put you and the agency in a lot of danger if I would be around all the time. I don't want you to get hurt, so I gotta stay away for now" He said in a voice that was quiet and full of doubt. I slowly nod and look at him "what does that mean though, are you in danger? Keigo, you're a Hero but you are not invincible" I say, trying to stay clam and not freak out which I was certainly close to.
"I know I'm not, I probably know that better than anyone else. I'll be okay, I know it's not going to be easy, but I don't have a choice, I had to take on this mission and I have to finish it."
I look down at my feet and nod slowly. The tension in this situation was horrible. "I don't have much time, I am sorry. I'll see you again as soon as possible... make sure to take care of the agency, the bird boy and yourself okay? I... I love you" He said before gently gripping my chin, making me look up. He looked into my eyes for a brief moment before pressing a soft kiss onto my lips, which I accepted softly. It felt like the happiness I finally had was being ripped apart and replaced with fear and worry. The kiss was long, neither of us wanted to let go as it meant that he would have to leave again, leaving me alone.  We were forced to end the kiss as Hawks' ring tone went off. He let out a sigh, checking who was calling him. "Sorry Chickenwing, I have to go now. I don't want anyone to find us together, so you're not in danger. I'll see you again as soon as possible, okay?" He said and left with these words, leaving me standing alone in the parkinglot of our local supermarket. I just took off and flew away. I sigh lightly as I watched him for a moment before turning around to head back home. Sleeping was not an option anymore, so I'd just watch tv and eat ice cream for the rest of the night.
Once I got home I persued my plans, grabbing the tub of ice cream from my freezer before settling down on the couch with the first movie that I found.

I got to work the next day, completly sleep deprived, feeling like I was run over by a truck.
I sat down in my office as usual, checking emails, trying to stay awake, drinking at least 3 cups of coffee. After working for a little I heard a knock on my door which made me look up "Yes, come in." I say calmly, seeing the raven student walking in "Mr. / Ms. (Y/N), I'm back for my internship. Is there anything I can help with. I'd like to make myself useful" He said. I was actually really glad to see him as it meant I had some kind of a distraction from my thoughts and worries, even if it was only for half an hour. "Uhm, yeah sure. How about we go down to the training room for a while? I know I am not a Hero and I suck at using my quirk but I'm trying to get it better and I have a fire based quirk. One of your weaknesses is light, so maybe we can try to somehow work on that?" I say willing to do anything to get a distraction at this point. He nodded and I quickly got up, heading downstairs to one of the trainingrooms, setting it up.
Thankfully this time I had brought a backless shirt, as I planned to train a bit more anyways, eventhough I still hated it. The training was actually really helpful, in some ways he knew more things about training then I did which is obvious, since he trains a lot more then I do but still I felt like we were both helping eachother to get better equally.
"Thank you for the training Mr./Ms. (Y/N), it was very helpful. I hope we can train more often in the future" He said with a small bow. I smile lightly and nod "sure thing, I definelty need more practice so how about we try to impliment a traininsession every day or so, if it works out." He agreed and I was glad that at least that was going well for now. After the training I send him off to go on patrol with another Hero while I went back to my desk. I still had other work to do which I turned to again.

[Thanks for reading my story, I am really happy that you guys seem to enjoy reading it. Again if you have any suggestions or tips I am always open for those. Make sure to vote if you enjoy my story and keep reading, it would help me a lot.]