Chapter 27: We're Proud (Jangra POV)

All was silent for a few moments I heard a couple of dragons laying out a bit of some fake coughs, I could not blame them, both of us were just standing still. For a few moments I thought that I saw a look in Penta's eyes that she did not want to do this.
She was doing this for the love of a dragon that did not love her back. I knew that if she somehow won this which I knew in my mind she would not, then she would go after Kota's wife. I saw her looking at us a bit scared but I nodded to her and Kota.
Kota had gotten very upset about Penta last night, and he had every reason to. While my mind was in another place suddenly Penta ran at me. She got a little scratch on me, but once I realized what was going on I easily dodged it.
I knew her moves, Socra had told me how to easily beat a red dragon if I got in a fight with one. She had a different tactic, but it was not different in a good way, she was absolutely terrible at fighting, I was tempted to laugh at her last night.
She came in for a 3rd shot, this time I dodged it and she fell to the ground. All of the dragons in the clearing began laughing and cheering my name. I felt bad for Penta, but I knew that I should not. She had a chance with me, the new deputy and for some reason she chose a dragon that did not want to be deputy and did not love her back.
She looked at me right in my eyes, I could see nothing but hatred. I had not shown anything with love and compassion to her. But for some reason I could just see that she absolutely hated me. I was surprised I had never noticed it before.
She had made it obvious on several occasions that she loved Kota, but I had never noticed how much she despised me. I look at her and then smiled, she then ran at me, this time she did catch me off balance.
She knocked me to the ground and went right after my soft spot like she had done yesterday on her grandfather Ipse. I easily dodged it, thinking about Ipse, a dragon that had shown me and her nothing but love and support. It made me angry, and I knocked her off of me easily.
So easily she flew several meters back. I heard a dragon or so ghasp and all was quiet. Penta quickly pulled herself up. I could tell that she was already worn out, but I was just getting started. I couldn't help but think of Ipse right now. He was on his death bed, all because of this dragon.
I ran at her as fast as I possibly could, she almost did not see it coming, but she did, she just did not have nearly enough time to react to it in any way. I heard all of the dragons around me cheering. I had her pinned to the ground, I looked at all of them and then I smiled.
Suddenly I felt a really sharp sting of pain and I fell to the ground. All was silent now, I could not tell if it was just me or if maybe it was just the entire tribe all just so surprised. She had got me in my soft spot. I fell to the ground and she instantly got up and started pummeling me.
There was nothing I could do, I felt so weak and in so much pain, simply just because of the scratch to the soft spot. I felt her pummeling me but it did not hurt nearly as much as the cut to the soft spot on my body.
I looked at my brother and sister from not too far away. They looked at me in absolute shock, they had not expected it and not seen it coming. My mother was turned away, I could not blame her, her son was about to die and there was nothing a single dragon could do about it.
It was my own fault, I had been greedy and it had already felt like I had won, but all it took was 1 perfect spot to my soft spot and it was all over for me. I was done. Everything was in slow motion, just like it always was when I heard a dragon was near their death.
I looked over at Kota he was with Kip and Zati. Kip was looking at the ground sadly, Zati was just looking as if this was perfectly normal. I could not blame her she was a bit older for our group of friends, she did not know me very well. Kota just looked at me and then she shook his head and looked away.
I looked over at Socra, she was with my father. My father was looking down at the ground like Kip very sadly. Socra looked a bit surprised but I could see no other emotions on her face. She just moved closer to my father feeling bad for him.
Clearly they were all wrong, I was not the dragon of destiny... They had all looked up to me and thought that I was but I was just a normal dragon, I held thought I had won and gotten to greedy and bragged to the crowd, and that was my downfall.
I felt Penta get off of me, she made one last large gash to my soft spot, and I felt the pain, not quite as bad as before because I was already in so much pain. Then suddenly it was all over, it was the end for me.