Chapter 31: A Meeting Pt. 2 (Jangras POV)

I looked at her, I didn't know what to say, I had not expected her to feel the same about me. It seemed so strange because she was a black dragon and I was a red dragon, we were not destined to be together. But maybe we were... I knew my father would not frown upon it.
He was in love with a black dragon too at one point, in fact the exact same black dragon that was the mother of the dragon I was looking at right now. I assumed that it was the reason that she was so beautiful, my father said she always was the most beautiful dragon he had ever seen.
I now understood what he meant, where Yikla had gotten her looks from. My father had a good taste in women. My father was an amazing dragon as well and I was proud of both of them, especially my mother for winning over his heart.
I was not alive to see the war years ago but I had heard from the older dragons that my father was the most amazing dragon that they had ever seen. They said I should be proud that I was the son of him. At first I wanted to not be the son if him, but now working with Socra I now knew the reason that my father was not active around the family.
My brother Plok and my sister Mik always complained about it to my mother. Sometimes she agreed but I knew that she knew just as well as I did that our father did love us. I looked at Yikla she was smiling at me, the taste of her lips were absolutely amazing.
"I... I don't know what to say, you are an amazing dragon and you are beautiful. I just didn't expect you to respond like this." I said to her. She looked on me and then smiled, she began rolling around on the dirt for a few seconds before sitting back up.
"Yes... I heard from your father and your trainer and deputy from a far about what happened." She said to me. I looked at her a bit confused and a bit disappointed in her. I couldn't say much either because the other day I had been sneaking up on their conversation as well.
"You were sneaking up on them?" I asked her. She looked at me for a few moments and then she laughed. She then shook her head at me which I was a bit confused about.
Was she saying they had walked into her cave and told her about that? It did not make much sense why they would do that so if she was saying that I was not going to believe it. She came up close to me and nodded her head looking right at me.
"You see... I am a special dragon as well. I can hear dragons from far away, maybe not kilometers out but from a good amount of distance. I'm not the best at controlling it yet but sometimes I accidentally sneak up on conversations." She said to me. I looked at her a bit surprised and I bit confused at the same time.
I had never heard of anything quite like that before, but I would believe her when she said she was a special dragon. She could be here to scout us, but why would she tell us that the black dragons were planning an attack on us in the first place.
I'm sure that for a while those exact thoughts were going through my father's head as well. I shook it off, I could tell that Yikla was nothing but a loving and caring dragon. Even if that meant betraying her whole tribe and her father for the betterment of all kinds of dragons.
"So you can hear what other dragons can be talking about right now?" I said to her. She looked at me sadly for a few moments which confused me a bit. Was she upset that she had this kind of power? I would be extremely happy because I would know who was a fake friend and was talking about me.
"Yes... It is a bit loud but I try my best to drown out all of it." She said to me. I looked at her a bit confused, I then nodded for her to continue because she could tell that I was confused. "I can't pick and choose he I listen to, I just hear all of them, sometimes some louder than others."
I looked at her for a few seconds, I then was starting to understand why she might get a bit upset about that. It was definitely a special talent, but it was not so special if that was all she heard all the time, I wondered how she managed to get any sleep at all.
"Oh... I'm sorry, that must be hard." I said to her. She stared at the ground for a few moments before she looked up and nodded to me to say that she acknowledged what I said. I felt bad for her, as I had any reason to. I was sure that I was in love with this dragon and I would do my best to make her feel loved back.
"My father was originally trying to make me harness that and use it to listen and to hide other dragon's thoughts that were not important." She said to me. I looked at her and nodded, maybe Plyma was not so bad of a dragon after all then.
I wad a bit confused, if he was trying to help her, why was he trying to start a war with us? He had better problems to think about then surely? I shook my head, Yikla was just staring at the ground and scratching her large claws in the dirt.
"What is so bad about your father then? If he was trying to help you." I asked her. She sat there as if she had not heard me for a few seconds. Then suddenly she got up and she had an angry look on her face. I moved back a bit scared, this was not the best area for me to be fighting a black dragon.
"My father! He was just trying to use me to try and sneak up on red dragons! As I found out! He was trying to get me to focus on one dragon so that I would be able to listen to the leaders of red dragon tribes and be able to tell him their attack strategies." She said to me, she looked so angry and I fell against the wall a bit scared.
She looked at me and then she shook her head sadly as her way of saying sorry to me. I could see the angry sides that I saw from Penta but she was better at controlling it than she was. I nodded to her as my way of saying sorry.
"Sorry... I did not realize that, I am sorry that I am asking so many questions. We can stop talking about it, I just don't know all that much about you and I'm trying to get to know you. If we ever end up being a thing." I said to her. She looked at me for a few moments and then she smiled and nodded.
"It is okay... I will tell you about it some other time, this is probably not the best time right now, my emotions are getting the best of me." She said to me. I looked at her for a few seconds and then I nodded back at her.
She still had the smile on her face though, and seeing her smile made me smile right back at her. She was such a happy and amazing dragon, that was the difference between her and Penta. And many other things as well.
I did not know how she managed to be happy when she knew so much more than I did, about a potential war and her father using her. I felt bad for her and I moved in close to her and nudged myself against her. She happily let me do it and I felt the warmth of her.
It was something I was not used to, besides my mother he used to sleep beside me when I was so young, this felt like absolute and true love though, and it felt so nice.
After a few moments I looked out of the cave and I realized what time it was, it was actually a bit late for me and I had to get back and head over to my father and Socras cave. They did not sleep together but that is where they had most of their meetings.
I looked at Yikla, she was staring at the sun at it was beginning to fall down the horizon, in a few hours it was going to be dark. I figured that I would spend a few more moments with her. I knew I would be late but my father often over exaggerated about when we needed to be somewhere. He said it was always better to be early than late.
I sat there, she was so warm and her love made me feel so much better about myself, I then knew that it was time for me to go as I pulled myself up and Yikla looked at me sadly. I felt bad I wish I could have just been there with her for the rest of the night but I knew I had to go see my father and the deputy.
"Where are you going? We were having such a good time." She said to me, she had a bit of a sad smile on her face. I felt a bit bad, but I figured maybe I could be back tonight. I looked at her and then I nodded to her as a way of saying sorry.
"I have to go talk to Socra and Himla, they said they needed to talk to me and I am already late." I said to her. She looked at me a bit surprised but then she nodded to me as she understood what I was talking about.
"Oh! You should be there already then, I will see you tomorrow then, I am a bit tired." She said to me. I nodded and thanked her for understanding where I was coming from, I had to realize that her father was the leader of a tribe so she would understand what I was talking about a lot of the time.
I quickly flew out of the cave and headed to my fathers cave, I walked through the middle of the tribe grounds, right where I had been earlier next to the sun rocks. A lot of the dragons noticed me and they looked excited to see the next deputy walking around the camp and close by to them.
My father had told me to get used to it because a lot of dragons would look up to me soon, especially a lot of the younger dragons and the older dragons that were proud of me. I looked around and I smiled at some of the dragons. One of the dragons, a female dragon blushed at me.
It felt a bit strange that a lot of these dragons had a crush on me, I knew that there were some before but over the last day or two I was beginning to notice that more and more dragons were looking at me like that. I was happy with Yikla though, I knew that some dragons like to go and mess around with other dragons but not me.
I doubt that Yikla would either, I don't think there would be many red dragon's in our tribe that would be interested in going after her in the first place. Maybe if they found out that we were together, my father and mother had told me a lot of the dragons liked to go after he because she was the wife of the leader.
It got a lot of dragon's in trouble, and one dragon challenged my father to a duel, and it did not last long... My father finished him off in less than a minute. I bad heard about the story, it was when I was really young so my memory was not the best and I knew my parents would not have wanted me there to see it.
I remember a younger Plok right around the time he had started his training telling me all about it, and how exciting it was though. That was when I knew that I was going to be the next deputy, ever since that day, even though I was no part in any of that.
I continued walking over to my father's cave. Once I was there my father was sitting at the front looking at me a bit angrily, maybe I was way too late than I had expected, I thought. I turned around and I looked at the sun, I was indeed very late to the meeting.
"Jangra... Come to me in the cave, there is a lot I need to talk to you about." My father said to me. He then nodded for me to follow him. I could tell that he was a bit upset, I hope it was not at me but I had a bad feeling that it was about me.
We sat down together and he looked at me a bit angrily for a few moments and then he nodded.
"So... I can smell the scent of a black dragon... Talking to Yikla I see? You have to realize that a meeting between us is more important than talking to another dragon." He said to me. I was a bit surprised, he looked a bit upset when he said the black dragon part.
I looked at him for a few moments and then I nodded to him. He walked up to me and then he lifted his head up, he looked me right in the eyes and then the frown on his face turned into a smile.
"You're in love with her... I can see it in your eyes." He said to me, I lifted my head up and looked at him a bit surprised. I then nodded to him and then lowered my head to the ground, I felt a bit disgusted now that I had fallen in love with a black dragon.
"Yes... I am, I was talking to her, she told me she loved me back. I'm sorry that I failed you father you can remove my spot as the next deputy if you must." I said to him. He looked at me for a few seconds with a bit of a surprised look on his face and then he shook his head at me.
I was a bit confused, what was he trying to tell me? I could not tell if he was happy for me or still upset that I was late for the meeting because I had fallen in love with a black dragon.
"No... Do not worry... You know I was in love with her mother for a while. You have good taste. Just do realize that our meetings come first before any other dragon. I am willing to let it slide since it is your first time, and I understand." He said to me. I looked at him a bit surprised I then nodded to him thankfully.
I then looked around wondering where Socra was at. Had I been so late that she had decided that she was going to leave the cave and miss the meeting? I looked at the ground a bit embarrassed.
"Did Socra leave because I was late?" I asked my father. He looked at me for a few moments before he then smiled at me and then laughed. I was a bit confused at to what he was getting at as he then shook his head at me.
"No... Do not worry, she has been late a few times as well. She is going to track to humans and then see if they have been making a city or a farm nearby." He said to me. I nodded to him and I gasped a little bit thanking myself that it was not the reason I had thought.
"Oh... So, she is going to miss what we are talking about?" I asked my father. He looked at me and then he slowly began walking around the cave like he always did when he was thinking about something or thinking about what he was about to say to someone.
"I already notified her about what it was going to be about, after you are done training Socra will retire... You will be the next deputy. So I am coming to you for advice." He said to me. I looked at him a bit surprised that he was already coming to me for advice at such a young age.
I was also surprised that Socra was retiring but at the same time I was not I could tell that age wae catching up to her really fast. She was over 700 years of age... Most dragon's retired at the age of 500 my father was already 350 but I could not see age catching up to him yet, he looked as strong as he always was.
"Oh... What is the meeting about then? I will do my best." I said to him. He looked at me and he began walking around once again. We were having a meeting about having a meeting with the community, I wasn't sure what it was about yet.
I did not know if it was about the war or if it was about something to do with what is going on with the tribe. It could not be something about the war surely right? Why would my father already be testing me about this so soon? I have not even begun training.
"I believe you Jangra, you are smart and I trust you, sometimes you act dumb but I do realize that you are smart. You are the dragon of destiny, not all destinies come to a reality though." My father said to me. He then looked around us as if he was worried that someone was sneaking in on us.
If it would be any dragon than it would be Penta, and Penta was out of it for a long time anyways. I nodded to him as he was looking at me for me to be the next person to talk.
"Yes... I will do my best, thank you I am proud to be the son of you and I will give my best advice." I said to him. I was just surprised that he was already looking to me for advice. I was not fully matured but at the same time I was smarter and more mature than all the other dragon's my age.
"Good... This meeting we will be given to the tribe will be about moving the elder and young dragon's to the outskirts of our tribe boundaries." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments and then I nodded for him to continue where he had left off.
"Obviously a lot of dragons will be understanding, but there is a lot of dragons that still do not believe the war is coming. I need you to tell me the best way to tell them, you are still young and you know your mother the best when it comes to this." He said to me. I nodded to him and then I began thinking through it in my head.
"I think the best way to get dragons to understand, is to tell show them how scary I war is. I think the best way is to potentially have a dragon fight Yikla... Obviously not too the death." I said to him. He looked at me for a few seconds and then he nodded as he began walking throughout the cave.
"That is a very smart idea, I would not have thought about that. I also think that we need to keep about 100 dragons and a lot of warrior dragon's there to defend in case they somehow get there first. We do not know which direction the will be coming from. Let me know your thoughts on that." He said to me. I looked at him and then smiled, it was a smart decision.
"Yes... Leave some warrior's at camp though, they know we are here and you still have the guards all around the tribe boundaries right?" I asked him. He looked at me and then he nodded. I nodded back to him and he began walking out of the cave nudging for me to follow.
The sun was even lower than before and the brightness would be gone in just a few moments. My father walked up to the cliff and then he yelled to every dragon in camp and any dragons nearby it so that they could here it.
"All dragon's come over, we have a meeting!"