Chapter 26

TWO YEARS LATER

AVA POV

Since I broke up with Zayn I've been living in New York.

I work at a popular radio station for a living. I interview famous singers and actors everyday. I guess hanging out with one direction for a while helped me get use to them.

I never told anyone that didn't already know that I knew them. It keeps things much simpler.

I do keep in touch with Harry and Niall but we haven't talked in a while.

I don't talk to my Mom anymore than I did two years ago but my Dad and I have gotten closer. My mom thinks I am dumb for breaking up with Zayn and whatever.

Today was Wednesday and it was one out of the two days I don't work. It is the day before new years eve and people in the city are going absolutely crazy.

This year I am having a party. I've become very social these past few years. I made a lot of new friends at my job but none of them will ever be close to me like Shay was. Yes I still miss her.

"I'm excited for your party tomorrow." my co worker and also my closet friend Holly said to me.

"I know me too. It should be great." I said. We were currently shopping and spending the gift cards we got on Christmas.

After a few hours of shopping I was exhausted.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said then left. Before I went home I stopped by Starbucks. I still love green tea but I'm addicted to their peppermint coffee. I got my cup then went home.

As I was walking it started to snow. I hate snow. I always slip and fall. Luckily this time I didn't.

When I got home it was a little after 8 and decided I should go to sleep because I had to be at the station tomorrow at 6 in the morning.

I got into my comfy pjs and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I woke up at 430. I took a hot shower then got dressed. It was 30 degrees outside so I knew I had to bundle up.

I wore a big cream knit chunky sweater and black leggings with brown combat boots. To keep me warm I put on a burgundy scarf. I decided to strait my curly hair and put a beanie on my head.

I walked to Starbucks and got a grande sized coffee and then headed to work.

"Morning!" I said to the intern at the front desk.

"Morning Ava." she replied back. I was very happy this morning and I don't know why.

I walked into my studio room and sat down at my seat.

"Morning Ava." Holly said and sat down next to me.

"You better get out of Jacks seat he hates when you sit in it" I said. He really didn't hate it he just liked to pick on Holly because they were married.

She laughed than got up.

"Morning Jack." I said as he walked in and took his seat next to mine.

"Morning." he said. He was not a morning person.

"So what's on the schedule today." I asked.

"Umm we have a boy band coming in today. They are going to be here all day like we did last year with the one guy off of American idol." he said reading off a price of paper.

"Do you know who the boy band is?" I asked.

He shook his head "They won't tell me until they hand me the questions we can ask." I nodded my head.