my little stars

Stars? Izuku had been crying for almost an hour. The more he cried the more stars came. They were so beautiful yet so deadly. Izuku had only heard of this disease once from the internet. Star tears disease, much like the flowers disease, the cause of all this is unrequited love for his bully, Bakugou Katsuki. Sure Izuku hadn't even tried asking Bakugou but what's the point when he almost always shows his hatred for him. The little twinkling sounds from the stars sounded as if they were comforting him. He laughed, he looked so pathetic crying over something he knew was impossible. It's already their third year at UA and Katsuki has yet to show signs of fondness. Izuku's world was slowly turning gray. He wanted to say something to Bakugou but he couldn't, he was scared of rejection. Izuku decided to go to sleep so he wiped his eyes and put the colorful stars in a little box on his desk.
~
He knew. Izuku ran away from Bakugou as fast as he could as stars slowly filled his vision. Izuku made it back to his room without running into any trouble. He knew. "Kacchan knows that I l-like him." Stars were flooding out from Izuku's eyes. Bakugou had asked to talk to him in private earlier and that was when he was confronted.

"Do you like me?" That stunned Izuku, he didn't know what to do, his crush had just asked if he liked him. Izuku nodded with stars slowly falling down his face. "W-what the- Deku why are there stars coming out of your eyes?!" Izuku lost it after that, he ran away as fast as he could.

It's been a few hours since Bakugou's confrontation but nothing, he didnt come see if Izuku was alright or come and question him. As the days passed Izuku and Katsuki continued as if nothing had happened, but at the same time more and more stars filled Izuku's box. Izuku's vision was getting grayer and grayer day by day. Each night he'd cry more and more stars slowly turning his vision gray. Bakugou on the other hand didn't know what to do. He's been thinking about Izuku since that day, wondering what the heck those stars were and why Izuku was trying to hide them. As time went by Izuku left his room less and less, and eventually he stopped leaving if not for school. He didn't tell anyone because no one would believe him. Katsuki finally had enough and decide to ask Deku why he won't leave his room. He knocked on his door and waited. He heard a loud thud and feet scampering around. "Hey nerd open the door or I'l-" Izuku had opened the door but all Katsuki could focus on was the array of floating stars behind him. "Uhh hi Kacchan d-did you need something?" Izuku tried to say but he knew Katsuki wasn't listening. "The fuck are those?" Katsuki asked pointing behind Izuku. "Oh those? Those are nothing. If you don't need anything I'm the-" before Izuku could finish his sentence he was pushed aside by Katsuki. "Deku why do you have stars in your room" Katsuki questioned in suspicion. Izuku stumbled over his words for awhile but he ended up telling Bakugou everything, from the stars to his feelings, everything. "You stupid nerd how did you know if what you thought I felt was true?" "I-I didn't I-I just-" that was when Izuku broke, he fell to floor and cried. A few stars astray but that didn't matter anymore. "K-kacchan I-I can't remember what colors look like"

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Have not been proofread

Hello this was a short chapter inspired by the star tear au. I saw this on Twitter so I wanted to write something about it.

So basically Like hanahaki, the cause of star tears is a situation of unrequited love by the person you love.

When a person cries star tears, a sound accompanies it. (What sound this is happens to be unspecified, so this means you can decide what it is. I imagine it'd be like a twinkling,or jingling sound... maybe that of a falling star? the ideas are great to imagine~)

If the symptoms are severe/the person has a serious case of the star tear disease, your photoreceptors cease to function and you go color blind. In rare cases, you may also suffer memory loss.The star tears have color and shine/twinkle when they fall. (Perhaps the eventual color-blindness is because the star tears have color when shed?)

The way to heal from star tear disease, or at least to stop it, is naturally to have your feelings returned and be with the one you love.