Nostalgic Tears

Summer rays filter into the room and shone down on the sleeping form on the bed. Ash blond strands poked out from under the covers. Three years, it's been three years since his shitty friend disappeared. Hell three years ago he wouldn't have even been able to admit that they were friends. After Izuku Midoriya's disappearance Katsuki had been taken to therapy and anger management. He'd be lying if he said that they didn't help him become a better person. Katsuki got out of bed and walked over to a board covered in strings, marks, and pictures. Inko Midoriya, the kindest person Katsuki knew also Izuku Midoriya's mother, hadn't stopped searching for him even after his disappearance. Two years ago she passed away from severe exhaustion and stress. It was a sad time from his family, especially his mother. Katsuki swore he'd become the number one hero and find Izuku, it was the least he could do. Now as a third year at UA high he has yet to find his long lost friend.

"Yo Bakubro hurry up or they'll leave without us!" Katsuki looked ahead and saw one of his few friends, Kirishima.

"Shut up shittyhair I'm coming and I never said you had to wait for me dumbass." He retaliated as he walked up to his friend.

Kirishima snickered, "That's what friends do"

"Yeah whatever" Katsuki smiled eternally, he was glad he had friends like Kirishima and the others but he'd be damned before he admits that out loud.

_____

Once arriving all the students unloaded their luggage and started their trek to the training site. Much like the training camp during their first year they'd be strengthening their control and power on their quirks, but it'd be much harsher this year seeing as they're graduating this year.

___

After the harsh training they all made their way back to prepare dinner. Tonight's menu was Katsudon pork cutlet bowls. Katsuki's eyes widened. "That was his favorite dish" he muttered.

"What? Did you say something bro?" Kirishima asked

"No it was nothing."

Everyone cheerily started up conversations as they started cooking their dinner. It was nice, it was peaceful. JK I lied there was suddenly explosions and Blue flames everywhere.

*ripping sound* "RINNN what did I say about setting forest fires!" "Oi it wasn't me this time sheesh Yukio maybe you need new glasses!" Oi tf yall doing here go back to yer own fanfic/anime/manga. "Sheesh woman your the one who added us to your story so stop complaining." Shut up and go back already. "Alright alright we're going" *sigh* Now I gotta fix this damn wall. *tape noises(?)*

Anyway everyone stared off in horror or panic, it was as if todoroki suddenly decided to freeze them all then and there. "Someone go and get the teachers!" Bakugou heard as someone ran off in search of their teachers, most likely Iida with his speed quirk. As if things couldn't get worse a group of individuals started emerging from the sapphire blue flames. Right then and there Katsuki froze, it seemed as if time had stopped. Right in front of him stood the one person he and his aunty Inko had spent so long to find.

"Izuku?"

"Hi, it's been awhile kacchan."

"W-where have you been?!?? I've been looking for you! Aunty Inko has been searching for you! She- She fucking died searching for you! Tell me! Where were you!?" Katsuki slowly felt himself breaking down but he didn't care, he's alive and that's all that matters, Aunty Inko I- I found him!

"Why should I tell you? You're the one who told me to take a dive off the school roof right?"

"I KNOW OKAY?! AND I'M SORRY I- I DIDN'T MEAN IT! I- I KnOw!" Katsuki apologized to the point where he felt his voice crack and start to go raw. He knew, he knew damn well how much of an awful person he was. "I know okay-"

"DO YOU REALLY KACCHAN?!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN I WENT THROUGH BECAUSE OF YOU!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I DOUBTED MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU? NO! NO YOU DON'T!

Before Katsuki could react he was tackled to the ground with a knife up to his neck. "Shut up!" "I didn't even say anything!" "I don't care! I'll kill you!" "Fine but-" "What!? What could you possibly want to say in this moment!?" Katsuki sighed, "Before you kill let me make you something first?" Katsuki hadn't meant for it to come out sounding like a question but he'll just have to go with it.

Izuku on the other hand was in hysterics. "Haha hah sure! Why not! It won't change your outcome either way." Katsuki grinned as Izuku got off him. Izuku got up and sat at one of the nearby tables as he sat and watched Katsuki. Katsuki quickly got to work preparing something. 10 minutes passed and the two continued on in silence as their comrades fought throughout the training grounds.

After what seemed to be forever which was only a few minutes Katsuki walked over with a bowl in hand. Izuku raised a brow, "If you thought you could bribe me with food to spare you your wro-" Izuku's eyes widened, in front of him sat a steaming fresh bowl of Katsudon. H-he remembered. Izuku eyed him warily. "Try it." "How do I know you didn't poison it?" "You literally sat there and watched me make it, just try it." Izuku sighed, what harm could one bowl of Katsudon harm.

Izuku slowly brought the utensil up to his mouth and took a bite. Suddenly he was in his childhood bedroom, he was little again, with bright green eyes in his stupid all might onesie. "Mama" he called out walking around the corner. Once reaching the kitchen he saw his mom with her signature pink apron. "Good morning sweetie, go wash up i made some Katsudon." He beamed and looked up at her gentle smile. "Okay mama!"

"How's it taste?" That was all it took to snap Izuku out of his memories.

"I-it tastes like hers" Izuku suddenly felt wetness on his cheeks, was it raining?

Katsuki smiled, "god Izuku you're still that same crybaby I knew from when we were little huh?"

"Y-yeah, thanks i-it tastes like home, it tastes delicious." With that the dams broke, the ones that Izuku has been trying so hard to keep close for the past three years.

"Hey, let's go home yeah?"

"Yeah okay."

_____

Wassup my depresso espresso! I know i know i said i wouldn't update anymore but after so many of you started reading my book i got inspired to write more. Also this chapter was based on an idea I got after watching a Markiplier video xD it was about some foods he ate as a child that brought back memories of his dad. Anyway byee