05 - Just friends....? Pt. 1

It's currently 7:12 AM. Irene stares at her disheveled self in her bathroom mirror. "I'm a mess," she says to herself. She didn't sleep well last night as she tossed and turned, worrying about the event that's happening later today. She grabs her hairbrush lying on the sink counter and starts brushing her hair, occasionally wincing due to the pain from the knots in her hair. She finishes brushing and looks back at her reflection. "Everything will be ok, just like Seulgi said, right?" She walks out of the bathroom into her bedroom, feeling extremely apprehensive about going to the fair.

Being in a deep sleep, shafts of sunlight enter Seulgi's room, forcing her to wake up. She opens her eyes and groans; she hates it when the sunlight makes her get up. Without sitting up, she reaches for her phone on her nightstand and glances at the time. "It's 8:46 AM!" she reads in shock. "Everyone will be here in 14 minutes." She hastily gets out of bed and quickly walks into Wendy's room. She opens the door and screams: "Wendy! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

Wendy's sitting on a swivel chair. She spins around and glances at her unkempt sister's appearance; she shrugs her shoulders and says: "Sorry, I was gonna wake you up at 8:50 AM, and, besides, it's not like you haven't gotten ready in 10 minutes before."

"Ugh," Seulgi groans. She frantically leaves Wendy's room and rushes to change and freshen up. Then she rapidly runs downstairs and grabs a bowl of Lucky Charms. Frantically munching, the doorbell rings.

Wendy zooms down the stairs and opens the door. "Hi Irene!" she exclaims. Irene smiles and they awkwardly hug.

"Seulgi-ah, you're still eating?"

"Yeah." She glares at Wendy. "Wendy didn't wake me up on time." She huffs and continues eating her Lucky Charms.

Wendy awkwardly chuckles. "Sorry about that Seul; don't worry, Joy and Yeri are late again, as usual."

The three girls make small talk for a few minutes until Yeri and Joy arrive. It's obvious that there's tension in the air.

Without ringing the doorbell, Joy and Yeri burst into the house. "Who's ready to go to the fair!" they both yell simultaneously.

Seulgi laughs. "Can you guys knock next time? We were talking about some important business."

"Yeah right," Joy replies. "Are we ready to leave?"

"Yup!" Irene chirps. No,no, no! Literally barf right now or pretend you're sick. Why would you want to embarrass yourself in front of Wendy? Ignoring her nagging thoughts, Irene says: "Let's go." She frantically glances at Seulgi and realizes that Seulgi was already looking at her. Seulgi gives Irene a reassuring smile.

Seulgi, you did it again didn't you? Just because she's immensely attractive does not mean you can stare at her like that.

They walk out of the house; as usual, Irene is clinging onto Seulgi and Wendy is clinging onto Joy and Yeri. They step into Wendy and Seulgi mom's van.

Throughout the 15 minute car ride, they cracked jokes and laughed, but it was obvious something was troubling Irene.

"Thank you for the ride!" the five girls say as they step out of the car. Seulgi and Wendy's mom leaves.

"We are going to have so much fun!" Yeri squeals, not being able to contain her excitement. She looks at Joy and says, "let's go!" They grab each other's hands and run towards the entrance.

"Shall we?" Wendy reaches her hand out towards Irene's.

"Yes ma'am." She takes Wendy's hand. She looks back at Seulgi who's staring at the ground and kicking the gravel floor. "Seulgi, come here! Take my hand!" She motions Seulgi to come with her free hand.