From Bad to Worse

"No mother, I'm fine." I said very annoyed, as she checked every inch of my face.

Last night after I had finally found my way back to my village, I had come home only to get the scolding of a life time. Turns out my mom had been waiting up all night for me.

I was way too tired to listen to anything she had to say, so I just bolted up stairs. Which also wasn't a very good idea considering I was just going to have to get scolded when I got back up the next morning. It was when I woke up that she started getting all weird and checking if I was hurt.

She lets go of my face and sighs. "I'm sorry, you know I get really worried."

I smiled weakly and put my hand on her shoulder.

I sat down in a chair near the fire place and tried to relax. All those thoughts of that werewolf guy and what he could do just wouldn't leave my mind. It was all I saw when I closed my eyes.
I remember how I promised to come back even though I was for sure that I wouldn't. Actually the whole experience probably ruined going back out in the woods for me ever again. Which is saying a lot because when I would feel helpless or depressed I would go roam around. Another part that also dwelled on the whole subject is that I didn't even make it to my grandmothers to give her the goods I had made.

Mom sat in the chair next to mine and played with her hair. My mother and I looked nothing alike, she had the most tanned skin and darkest eyes I've ever seen on anyone. My hair is also one of my great features because it is very light but hers is pitch black. She looked over at me and smiled.

A loud knock was heard at the door that both made us jump. My mother walked to the door and opened it while I followed close behind.

"Good morning Sheriff. How can we help you on this fine day?" My mother asks.

He smiles at my mother and then locks eyes with me. It's like a switch was flicked inside of him, the smiling, polite façade for mother replaced by an accusing glare. The sheriff's name was Tom and he had an impressive fan club within the women's population in our village . He was tall, tan, had blonde hair, and grey eyes. Almost every women's dream, but not mine.

"Your daughter seem to have been attacked last night by a beast that we have been trying to catch for quite a long time. Do you think we could ask her a few questions... alone?" He said, glaring at me the whole time.

My mother nods and practically pushes me out if the door with a childish smile on her face. She most likely wanted me to invite Tom back over for dinner once we were done with this whole questioning business.

He takes me by the arm and starts leading me away from my house, but we weren't going towards the village.

We were going towards the woods.

"Hey! What the hell!" I tried moving my arm from his grasp. He just held on tighter.

Already starting to hyperventilate I tried to kick him but he just sighed and threw me over his shoulder like I was a sack of flour. Frustrated and slightly terrified of the new view I breathed in, with the full intention of letting out a scream. As if sensing my next actions Tom spoke. "I suggest you don't do that unless you want me to make this a lot harder than it has to be."
I went over my options in my head
1. You don't scream and you're probably going to die.
2. You do scream and you're more likely going die.

I sighed and let the air out. "There. Now as long as you keep cooperating like that everything is going to be ok." I could feel, rather than see his smirk, as we ventured deeper into the woods and I got that feeling again that someone was watching me.

Oh I'm so screwed.