The shadow knight

I punched and kicked with all my might, but it was no use. I was already out of breath, my limbs ached and my lungs cried out for air. I was thrown roughly onto the ground. One tall and scary man stood over me and held my hands together as he tied a rope around them. Another man was a little bit further away tying the end of the rope tightly to a tree. I opened my mouth to scream but the man holding my hands covered my mouth quickly. "Don't even think about it." His breath reeked of alcohol.

A familiar face started walking towards me with an evil little grin on his smug face. "Wow you guys finally got her to stop throwing useless punches." I couldn't help but give him the deadliest glare I could possibly muster at the moment. He noticed and shot me an award worthy smile with a wink to go along. "Don't be so mad cutie. I'm pretty sure if the wolf didn't kill you last time he won't kill you this time."

Just the mention of the wolf made me sit up quickly. "What do you mean?" Tom let out a husky laugh at my question. "Well if you must know, we're using you as bait to lure out the wolf that has killed many of our people." I looked down at the ropes tied on my hands that connected to the tree near me. With my heart racing I pulled on them repeatedly, struggling in vain to get free.

"Don't waste your energy," a deep voice said directly beside me. I was so scared I didn't bother to look up but kept tugging on the ropes as hard as I could, making them dig deeply into my skin. I let out a loud yelp in pain from the burning on my wrists. Men lined up around me with guns- some totally relaxed, others with fear in their eyes.

That was when I felt it.

I don't know what the feeling was but I remember it. The only time I had ever felt this was with that guy. When he was way too close to me with his little flirting game. I'm sure everyone else around felt it to as the woods became unnaturally dark. It was so quiet- the woods I knew were never this silent. There were no happy birds chirping or leaves rustling. Nothing.

Suddenly, the man to my left broke the silence with an ear piercing scream as claws reached out of the woods darkness and pulled him in with the blink of an eye. The men around me start to load their guns walking around talking to one another quickly. Tom just stood there completely calm in the centre of the chaos as if he has seen something like this before.

With another yell to my right I closed my eyes to complete darkness. I was so scared I felt like I could pass out any second. With yells coming from all around me peoples bodies hiting the ground sticks breaking loudly heavy footsteps running around, most of the men already gone. I could tell because there were only two voices I heard left- Tom and the guy who tied my hands. I couldn't tell what they were saying. Maybe it was my heartbeat in my ears or just out of total fear of hearing what they had to say.

With a loud thud, it was completely silent once again. I started to shake with the fear being next to be killed like the rest. Heavy footsteps started to walk toward me and I couldn't fight back the tears streaming down my cheeks. The heavy steps stop directly I front of me I could feel the presence lean down so they were just inches away from my face.

Snap.

That was the only thing I heard before the presence ran off back into the woods quickly almost at an inhuman speed. I opened my eyes slowly to see that my rope had been cut from the tree.

It had set me free.