chapter eighteen

"Wow! Your torso is really, wide." Rachel huffs while she continues to tug on the old material over Sahara's midsection. Heat rushed to Sahara's cheek when she felt Rachel long fingers poke and push at her stomach and ribcage.

Finally, the dress went over Sahara's torso and then slip down onto her legs.

"Big thighs, wide torso." Rachel began walking around inspecting the dress. "Let's just hope the dress doesn't rip," she says crossing arms, a tight smile on her face when her and Sahara make eye contact.

Sahara quickly glanced at herself in the long, wooden mirror that stood in the corner of the room. The dress looked frumpy on her. Tight on her upper body, while it laid loose on the bottom half. Sahara pulled up the hem of the waist, hoping to loosen up the top half. Well that, did nothing, she thought as she began to further dread doing this English presentation.

A loud noise, as if someone fell could be heard coming from downstairs. "Guys, you better have the costumes on with not a single stitch out of place!" Rachel, pulls up the ends of her dress, rushing out of the guest bedroom. Sahara sighed, with one last look at her reflection before following her out of the room.

As the two girls stepped into the living room, a pillow flew into Rachel's face as she let out a loud ooh! The sound of the boys' boastful laughter were replaced with snickers as her eyes were glinting with anger towards them.

The boys had endure in a sword fight as the girls went to change. They thought the fancy tights needed a little 'manly-ing' up. So, they took props from one of Rachel's many boxes and using a few old throw pillows, the battle had begun.

Now both of the boys' chest heaved up and down under the worn out costumes that clung to their body's. Something jumped and tightened inside of Sahara's chest; as her eyes caught sight of the hair trail that lead from Daniel's belly button, disappearing into depths of his bottoms. She started gnawing at the bottom of her lip; trying her best to look anywhere else but, Daniel as he continued to wipe the contour of his face with the ends of his shirt.

Daniel smirked slightly, catching the darting eyes of Sahara. Which is why he kept at what he was doing -- just to watch her squirm a little more.

"You guys are idiots," Rachel growled, her eyes narrowing further, looking between both of the two boys.

"Yeah, yeah. We heard the same bitchy shit before Rachel," CJ said, pulling out his fake sword onto Daniel. "Save it for someone who gives a damn."

Rachel's lip scrunched up with a mixture of annoyance and disgust, as the boys continued their battle. Sahara watched on, slightly entertained. Actually wanting, to join in.

"Hold on dude," Daniel hollered, as he dodged yet another one of CJ's swings. Sahara was surprisingly amazed by Daniel's athleticism. She tried not to judge, but she just didn't pin him as having much of an athletic trait. But, judging by the faint lining of a four pack, she made the guess that he incorporates some kind of exercise routine into his life. And boy, was it working for him, she thought.

"Can we not do this thing?" Daniel asked gesturing to Rachel's boxes on the floor.

Rachel grabbed the fake sword from Daniel, laying it neatly onto the coffee table. "You mean the monologue, that is worth 15% percent of our midterm grade," she stresses in a frighteningly, calming voice. "The same one, that universities are going to look at and decide whether you are worthy enough to go to their school."

Daniel's jaw clenched slightly. "Yeah. That one." Rachel's strain smile parted as she sighed heavily.

"What, do you have in mind Daniel?" Both CJ and Sahara's eyes widen. Rachel wasn't known for being...reasonable. She wasn't much of a people person. It was her way or, her way. No room for discussion.