Chapter 1:

He sat at the table with the other Grimm Bastards. It wasn't hard to spot him. Six six of pure muscle and tattoos. The Beast easily drew everyone's attention go him. His handsome bearded face didn't help either. There was no smile though. Not anymore. He never seemed to smile.

In high school he was always smiling. That was before the war though. Whatever happened over seas changed him. They say that war can make you become someone else. It appeared to have made him into something else. There were rumors running through the town of the horrible acts that the Beast has committed. Everyone was afraid of him. I wasn't everyone though.

"You could just go talk to him, Izzy." Leanne, my manager and best friend, reminded me for the millionth time.

"It's been a year. He hasn't made a move to talk to me so why should I talk to him?" I remark stubbornly.

Beast had come back to town a year ago. For one year I've watched him come into the bar that I work in with the rest of his club. He'd drink and only speak to the other members. I wouldn't even get as much as a glance in my direction. It's like I no longer existed in his eyes.

"Yet you still hold a candle for him." She rolls her eyes. "Now unbutton a button on that shirt and go bring them some more beers."

I sigh, but do part of what she says. I wasn't going to unbutton a button on my shirt. There was no point in showing him how I've filled out since high school since he's made it clear that I'm no longer his. I didn't need to make a fool out of myself.

"Izzy, you're a fucking angel sent from heaven." Dallas said as I walked over carrying a trey of beer.

"Only for my best customers." I smile as I set the beers down in front of each of the bikers.

"How have ya been, sweetheart?" Ray, their president, asks. He and his wife always came in on slow days and sat in my section. Over the years I'd gotten close to them enough to know a bit of their life.

"I'm good. Back to living with my parents for the time being." I admitted.

Living with my parents just what every twenty five year old wants. Especially since I'm living on an air mattress in their basement. Due to a fire in my apartment building a month ago, I was forced back in with my folks. Now every penny I earned was to get me the fuck out of there.

"They ever find who causes the fire?"

I shook my head. "Nope. The arsonist got away."

"Arson?" Beast says in that deep whiskey tone of his. His voice alone sent shivers down my spine.

I look down at the floor, unable to look at him. "Yeah. They finally ruled it arson. No suspects though. I'd just pulled up to the building when suddenly it burst into flames."

"We could look into it if you'd like." Ray offers.

"Not sure what you guys could find that the cops couldn't." I say. "Thanks anyways though. Now I better go check on the bar."

I quickly walked away from the group, not able to be in his presence anymore. I miss him. Well not the Beast. Rather I miss Callum, the man he used to be. The sweet guy I knew in high school that made me feel special. He was gone though. Callum seemed to have died during the war.

"The boys seemed awfully chatty." Leanne says as soon as I'm back behind the bar.

"Ray offered to look into my apartment fire." I tell her.

Leanne grabs my arm. "Are they gonna do it?"

I shrug. "What more can they do that the police can't?"

"Oh, honey." She shakes her head. "You've lived in this town you're whole life, you know that the club runs this town."

I knew that rumor. Everyone did. The Grimm Bastards MC have been around for as long as most can remember. Of course there were plenty of rumors of the things that they did that weren't exactly legal. When there's a bunch of muscled, scarred up bikers people tend to let their imagination go wild.

The rest of the night continued on as usual. Drunk girls flocked to the Bastard's table, wanting a night with a handsome biker. I ignored the twinge of jealousy I got when a girl started rubbing herself against Beast. Instead I focused on flirting with the costumers at the bar, hoping for a good tip.

"Izzy, can you run the empty keg out back?" Leanne asks after she and another bartender changed one of the taps.

I nodded, taking the empty keg from her. Full they weighed a ton. Empty they were light enough for my small self to easily carry. I carried it out into the back, feeling the night time chill prickle my skin. I put it with the rest before going back inside.

Beast stepped out of the door I had just came through, cigarette in hand. He didn't say anything as he leaned against the wall next to the door lighting up that cigarette. I wanted to slap him and ride him all at once. His long brown hair pulled back into a messy man bun. I could smell his scent of whiskey, leather, and smoke.

"You know you can smoke inside." I tell him.

"Wanted a bit of air." He says.

"Enjoy your air." I go to renter the bar.

"You could give me some company, Belle." His voice is very soft as he says this. Almost as if it's Callum speaking.

I cringe at the sound of his name for me. To everyone I was Izzy. My parents called me by my full name, Isabelle. Callum always called me Belle. Every since we were little I was always Belle to him. He told me that it had to be Belle since I was a Disney princess in disguise with my porcelain skin and soft blonde hair. His princess. That was a long time ago. I never thought I'd hear that nickname again.

"What do you want, Beast?" I ask him.

He takes a long drag before looking down at me. I seemed so small at five two compared to his towering figure. "I just wanted to check in on you. Didn't know you lived in that building."

"Yeah, it was my apartment for only a month. Took me forever to save up for it. Thankfully half of my stuff was still at my parents so I didn't lose everything." I tell him.

"If you need anything-" he starts before I cut him off.

"If I need anything I'll go to the people who haven't ignored me for the last year." With that said I turn on my heels and go back into the bar.