Chapter 6

Beast was gone by the time that I woke up. I spent the first hour of my morning clinging to the toilet. Thankfully his bathroom was clean with how much time I spent on the floor. The cool tile helped settle my stomach. Just another reminder that I needed to make a doctor's appointment, maybe they'll have something to help. 

It took me a while to find the downstairs. I'd only been here once before and no one had given me a tour. Everyone was down in the common area having breakfast. A large buffet was set up on the bar counter for everyone to grab food. I looked around the room, searching for someone that looked familiar. With everything going on yesterday I hadn't gotten to meet anyone. I only knew a few of the men from coming into the bar, but didn't know any names. 

"Lost, little lady?" A large man in a leather vest came up to me. 

"A little." I admit. 

"Get a plate then come sit with me." He gives me a wink. "I got a spot for you." 

"Not gonna happen, Tank." A familiar growl came from behind me. 

"Sorry, brother. Didn't know she was your's." The man called Tank said, walking away quickly. 

I turned around to face Beast. "He was just being nice." 

"No, he wasn't. He just saw a pretty little thing unattached and wanted to use you to keep his bed warm." Beast informed me. 

"Maybe I'd be interested in that." I bite back. I was angry. Angry that he thought that was the only reason a man would be interested in me. Mad that he thought that he could control me. 

He grabs onto my arm, pulling me away from the crowded room. His grip would leave bruises. "While you're carrying my child another man won't touch you." 

"It's my body. You can't stop me with some sort of sexist claim over me." I glare up at him. 

"Call it whatever you like, Belle. No man is going to touch you while you're pregnant." He growls. 

"Well fuck you." I slapped him across the face, tears falling down my cheeks. Stupid hormones. The loud slap had echoed through the room, making me freeze. 

Remembering what he said yesterday, I quickly rushed upstairs. I had no where to go but his room. Thankfully the bathroom locked. I locked myself in there, going into the corner to cry. All of these emotions kept running through me. I can't remember the last time that I had cried this much. Loud sobs echoed in the bathroom. 

A loud bang on the bathroom door made me jump. "Open the fuckin' door, Belle." 

"No!" I cried. 

There was a click on the door before it swung open. Beast slipped a key into his pocket. "Next time make sure that I don't have a key." 

"What are you gonna do? Get your payback for me slapping you?" I ask with a sniff. 

He comes over, picking me up easily. Next thing I know I'm being dumped onto the bed with a bounce. "We gotta talk." 

"You thought of more rules that I have to follow?" I backed away from him as far as the bed would allow me to. He still seemed to be all around me. 

"I don't want my kid calling someone else Daddy." He admits. "Especially not one of my brother's." 

I look at him, studying his face for a moment before answering. "I won't say that it's not going to eventually happen, just like you can't guarantee that it won't call some other woman Mom. This is your kid too. I want you to be the father. We aren't together though, Beast. You made that clear. I don't want to be alone forever. Some day I want to be married and have someone to grow old with. Don't you want that?"

"There's not going to be anyone else." He says. "Not for me." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. 

Beast shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. I'll go get you some breakfast." 

Once again I'm left alone. I was tired of being left alone. I was tired of being in this place where I didn't really know anyone. All I wanted was to go home. I just wanted to be back in my apartment, but that was long gone. My choices are here or my parents house, neither were too appealing. 

He came back with a plate overflowing of food. I was ordered to eat after he sat it down in front of me. Nervously I sat there, eating as he watched me. I'd made it through half of the plate before I couldn't eat anymore. He finished the remaining food on the plate before moving to sit down next to me. 

"I'll introduce you to a few of the girls." Beast says. "I've got church later, so they'll keep you company."

I nodded. "Can I take a nap first?" 

All the emotions of the day hit me hard. Pregnancy was already kicking my ass. Either I was sick, having an emotional breakdown, or exhausted. I'm only a month in. Hopefully this would all settle down as the pregnancy went on otherwise I'll never leave the bed or bathroom. 

Beast comes and lays down next to me. He wraps his arms around me. "Let's nap." 

"You don't have to stay." I mutter. 

He turns me towards him gently. "I don't want you to be alone." 

There was this look in his eyes that made my heart break. Something told me that he constantly felt like he was alone. He always had people around him here. He had his MC. Why in this moment did he look like he had no one? 

He'd said that settling down in life wasn't for him. I'd thought that it was just something he'd said to make me feel comfortable. The look in his eyes told me that he had accepted being alone as his fate. There was this brokenness in his eyes that broke my heart. 

I put a hand on his cheek. "You don't have to be alone either." 

Beast sighs. "Not exactly a choice. It's just better that way." 

I curled into his arms, enjoying his warmth. "I don't know what happened to you, Beast, Callum, whatever you want to be called. No one should be alone though. For what it's worth, I'm always here for you." 

With that said, I drifted off to sleep.