Chapter 8

It's been three months since I've moved into the clubhouse for lockdown. Nothing has really changed. I'm four months pregnant now and sprouting a little baby bump. Every time I'm near a mirror I automatically have to stare at it. I always have a hand on it as well, fascinated with how it's changed my appearance. My boobs have gotten a little larger as well, spilling out of my bras and shirts. 

Beast doesn't have much to say to me. The last month he's been gone most of the day and night. I only see him for about four hours a day at most. I knew it was going to be hard. I just didn't think that it would be this hard. All I wanted was emotional support from the father of my child most of the day, but he couldn't even be bothered to be around. 

I only left the clubhouse for doctor's appointments and to see my parents even other week. I always had two club members at all times when I was out. None of them were Beast. He hadn't come to a single appointment with me. I didn't even bother to show him ultrasound photos. I doubt he'd even be interested in them if I showed them to him. He never even asks about the baby. I only get asked if I'm good then that's all he has to say to me. 

The women and members of the club have been great in supporting me. Linda wants to have a baby shower the moment that we find out what gender the baby will be. I'd find out in a month. I was still hoping for a little boy. Everyone was constantly suggesting baby names. They were all more excited for this baby than Beast was. 

"How's the little one?" Ray asks me as I browse through the cabinets looking for a snack. 

"Starting to move around a little." I said with a soft smile. "Morning sickness is easing up too." 

"That's great." He grins. Ray reached over me to hand me the pack of trail mix I was trying to reach. 

"Is Beast around?" I ask him. 

The smile falls from his face. "He's out on club business." 

Club business. That's what he was always doing whenever I asked where he was. I wasn't a member or an old lady so I wasn't privy to those details. If I asked what that meant they'd always just tell me to ask Beast. Can't exactly ask someone that's never around. When he was around he was either asleep or talking to someone else. 

I went back to hiding in Beast's room. Well, I suppose it was my room as well. The guys had gotten a TV for me to have in hear to fill the silence. I spent most of my days with the women or watching some show. Sometimes I would tidy up the room and do laundry for Beast and I. It was starting to feel like a prison though. 

Beast charged into the room, throwing his boots in the corner of the room as he came in. I took in his appearance, surprised to see him when the sun was still up. Blood was caked onto his knuckles mixed with mud. His hair was damp with sweat. A wild look was in his eyes, like he was going to attack at any moment. 

"Are you okay?" I rush to him, grabbing his knuckles to see where the blood was coming from. 

He rips his hands from mine. "I'm fine."