Chapter 4

It's been a month since my relapse with Beast. One month of us both avoiding each other. He didn't come to the bar with the rest of the MC. Leanne would keep an eye out for me in case he did suddenly show up. He never came though. The rest of his friends told Leanne that it was just better if he didn't come. 

It was better that we were avoiding each other. That still didn't stop me from wishing it was him whenever someone would walk through the door. Or that I would bump into him at the grocery store. I hated that I wanted to see him. I hated that he has this effect on me when we don't even know each other anymore. 

I especially hated the fact that I was now standing at the pharmacy staring at pregnancy tests. Of course this would happen to me. It was just my luck. I want Beast out of my life but the universe has other plans. Plans to stick me with him forever. There was a chance that it wasn't positive. That chance was all I'm hoping for. 

I grabbed a few, reading the back as I headed towards the registers. Was it normal to avoid eye contact while purchasing pregnancy tests? It's what I did. I didn't want to see the judging looks that I was most likely getting from the old lady running the registers. That was the problem with small towns, judgey old church ladies working at the pharmacy. 

They handed me the brown paper bag, sending me on my way. I started heading towards my car when I felt myself run into someone. The force knocked the bag from my arms, tests spilling out all over the parking lot. I groaned, bending down to pick them up. 

"I'm so sorry." Came a familiar voice. She bent down to help me pick up the tests. "Oh, Izzy."

"Uh, Hi, Linda." I said, awkwardly hoping she didn't notice the pregnancy tests. 

"Here." she hands me the last test. 

I throw it quickly into the bag. "Thanks." 

"Well....good luck." She says, giving me a look before walking away. 

I headed to the car. She was going to tell him. At the very least she was going to tell her husband who would then in turn tell Beast. It was inevitable. As long as the test came out negative everything would work out. That's what I was hoping for anyways. Everything can be normal if I'm not pregnant. 

Leanne greeted me as I walked into the bar, following me as we went to the back. It was her advice that I should just by the tests to be safe rather than sorry. I was only a week late on my period. It could just be stress. A week is nothing to worry about. My best friend didn't see it that way. 

We used the staff bathroom, locking the door behind us. The next five minutes were the longest in my life. Leanne held my hand as we waited for the results. It wasn't until the piercing sound of the alarm that I let out a shaky breath. Those little pluses stared up at me, mocking me and this situation. 

"Are you going to tell him?" She asks, putting an arm around me. 

"I guess I don't have a choice." I sigh, throwing one of the boxes against the room. "Why does this shit have to happen to me?"

"Maybe it's meant to be." She shrugs. 

Yeah, meant to be. If Beast and I were meant to be then he would still be my Callum. He would've come back to me at the end of his service with the Marines. He would be here with me right now. Instead he wasn't Callum. When he came back home he went to the MC, leaving me still holding a candle for him. 

I shook off all of my feelings, deciding that throwing myself into work would be great. It was the best option for right now. If I started to think about it, I'd over think everything. Stress wasn't good for a baby. That's what I've heard anyways. 

My plan was working until he came in. His eyes scanned the bar until they landed on me. I tried to escape to the back but his long strides made it easy for him to catch up to me. His large hand wrapped tightly around my arm, gripping it. There'd be bruise marks in the morning from the force. He dragged me into Leanne's office, closing the door behind us. 

"What do you want, Beast?" I ask, pulling myself out of his grip. 

"Clubs going under lockdown." He tells me. 

"Okay." I say, not sure where this was going. 

"Everyone close to the club is being put under lockdown at the clubhouse." He said. "Go home, pack your bags." 

I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at him. "I'm not doing that. In case you didn't notice before you dragged me back here, but I'm working." 

"It's not up for discussion, Belle." Beast comes to stand right in front of me, towering over me to intimidate me into doing whatever he wants. 

I wasn't going to back down. He wasn't going to have this power over me. "I have no business being there when you go into lockdown." 

"Damn it, do as I say." He grows, reaching into his back pocket. He hands me a small stack of photos. 

The photos have been taken over the last week. They were all of me. I was at work, walking to my car, getting coffee. Someone had been taking photos of me. Bile threatened to rise as I look at the last of the photos. They were taken today when I had run into Linda in the parking lot. In the pictures you can see the pregnancy tests clear as day. 

"You had someone following me!" I accuse. 

"These were in the mailbox at the clubhouse about an hour ago. That's all we know at the moment." He says, his tone softening slightly. "There's a few more of other women from the club." 

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I barely made it to the trash can before I started throwing up. Beast was there instantly to pull back my hair. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I tried to calm down. Someone had been following me. They'd been taking pictures of me. These only dated back a week, but how did I know if they didn't have more?

"Come back to the clubhouse with me." Beast pulls me into his lap when I've calmed down a bit. "I need you to be safe. Both of you to be safe." 

"Okay." I agree. I put a hand onto my still flat stomach. "Only because of this baby." 

His eyes stare down my hand. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you two safe."