jealous

the conversation you had with chaeyeon made you feel uneasy.

you walked back to your apartment with your mind still drifting on how you are going to face chaeyeon tomorrow after what she told you.

you opened your door with your keys. you turned the lights on, and an unexpected figure in your couch freaked you out.

"gosh. you scared me!" you said, seeing irene on your couch with her legs crossed.

yeah. you forgot she already has the key to your apartment.

"what took you so long?" she asked.

"i... uh... had a quick meeting with chaeyeon in the library regarding the project."

"quick meeting? seulgi, it's already quarter to seven. your last class ends at four in the afternoon, right?"

"yeah. but chaeyeon and i finished the outline of the project. we lost track of the time."

"lost track of the time?" irene looked sceptic. "you could've at least texted me. did you enjoy talking to her?"

"well, at first i thought she was boring," you said, trying to be honest with your answer. "but it turned out that she's okay."

she rolls her eyes. "that's not the right answer, seulgi."

"ahm... my phone's dead. sorry. i wasn't able to text you," you said, which was the truth. "we just talked about the project. don't worry."

"oh. so, you enjoyed talking to her..."

you opened your mouth to speak but didn't continue because you don't know what the 'right' answer is.

"well, we didn't really talk about other stuff," you said. "it's purely about the project."

"are you sure?" asked irene. you nodded right away. "were you nice to her?"

you creased your forehead. "shouldn't i be nice to her? she's my project partner."

irene rolls her eyes again. "tsk. wrong answer."

"umm... what do you mean by nice?"

"nice, like how you were treating hyojung before?"

"ah. no. no. of course not. i've reserved that now for my girlfriend only."

irene's lips tugs up a bit but she repressed it. "are you sure?"

"i promise."

"you better, or else that chaeyeon girl will be dead."

you laughed, but you felt the sweat coming off your forehead at the same time. you don't think you should tell her about what chaeyeon told you earlier.

irene shifted her crossed legs over the other. "you better be careful around her. that girl has a crush on you."

"hm? how did you know...?"

"i just know. it's too obvious," she said, giving you her dagger looks. "you seem to be aware that yourself. did she already confess to you?"

"no," you said, shaking your head hard. "i just found it out from you. don't worry. i'll be sure to be careful around her."

irene brought her hands to her temples and massaged it. "aish. just as i thought, i would have to endure a lot of girl-problems with you."

you went to her and bent down on the floor. "hey. there's no need to worry. i am behaving well. i promise."

"it doesn't matter," said irene, giving her hands willingly to you when you held them. "i trust you, okay? it's just that i don't trust those bitches around you. and i bet that chaeyeon girl is still smiling ear-to-ear in her room until now for having a library date with you. ugh."