Chapter 12: Desire

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Lana could have uttered every curse word known to man-kind if she wished, for she had never hated anything more than the timing of the damn security bells. She was sure Jude was moments away from confessing her affection, when she was whisked away as her duty called. Leaving Lana with only more angst and longing.

"I' don't want to lose you either" she said before she slipped away.
For weeks Lana had felt as though she had been pouring her unspoken love into an abyss of insurmountable yearning, but with Jude's simple confession, emulating the same phrase of which Lana confessed her feelings only hours prior, provoked a feeling of warmth to spread throughout her whole body- for she wasn't alone in her endearments after all.

--//--

"What's going on?" Jude beckoned, as she made her way down the stairs hastily. A group of guards in what used to be white suits, now tattered with dirt and stained with what appeared to be blood, looked up at her in unison fear written all over their faces.

"Kit Walka ma'am." A single man replied "He tried ta escape and got two of our guys."

"Where is he now?" She asked.

"We managed to throw him in solitary ma'am" another man spoke up, he was large and showed the least evidence of a fight. Jude nodded her head and looked timidly down at the men.

"Bring the deceased to Dr.Arden, so he can prepare them, then one of you meet me in my office to tell me what I need to know about the fallen men, so that I can make the appropriate calls to their families. If applicable" Jude stated demurely. Message received and understood by all guards, as they nodded their heads and headed off down the west corridor.

Sitting down on a step, Jude let out a heavy sigh and ran her fingers through her hair.  In the midst of madness, she hadn't the chance to retrieve her wimple or get dressed. Kit Walker was becoming a thorn in Jude's side, and if it weren't for the massive sum of money the town was paying her to keep him locked up, she would have be rid herself of his existence already. She debated going and seeing him but she thought perhaps she'd just leave him down in solitary and forget about him, feeding him just enough food to survive on. He was an inhumane monster and didn't deserve to see the light of day.

Suddenly Lana's face popped up in Jude's mind, causing a small smile to trace itself on her lips. Their meeting had been bluntly disrupted, depriving Jude of the opportunity to profess her true feelings as planned. Despite the interruption, Jude had pursued Lana's tactics and in a desperate moment before her leave had essentially expressed her shared infatuation with the young woman. She now yearned for the moment when they could be together again undisturbed by outside forces.

Jude smiled at Lana coyly who sat frozen with both excitement and anticipation. The blonde beauty began to lean in ever so slightly, their foreheads nearly touching. Faces only millimetres apart, they closed their eyes as their breath became laboured and shaky.  "I've waited so long for this " the young woman admitted in barely more than a whisper. Jude chuckled softly and raised the palm of her hand to caress Lana's cheek. "I know dear" she hummed delicately.

Not wanting to wait a moment longer, Jude slowly leaned in and pressed her lips against Lana's.  Their kiss was soft, and sweet with longing and contentment. Their suppressed feelings were unleashed in the delicate kiss; a feeling of fulfillment washing over them. As both women slowly pulled apart their breaths were shallow and unsteady with yearning.  They smiled in unison as they stared deeply into each others eyes.  Unable to contain herself anymore, Lana buried her hands within Jude's luscious mane of golden locks and pulled Jude forward, crashing her lips upon the older woman's once more; their kiss now blazing, and passionate.

"ma'am?" A deep voice called from in front of her. Jude shook loose of her trance and looked up at the man before her, her cheeks flashing a bright red as the realization of what she had just been doing hit her. "I'm ta tell ya about the men we lost" he said as Jude rose to her feet.

"Come with me" She said as she lead the man up to her office. It was going to be a long night.

--//--