Chapter 14: Dissolution

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As Jude slid out of Lana's cell she couldn't help but smile. She closed the cell door behind her and leaned up against the wall, lightly running her fingertips over her tingling lips. Her first kiss with Lana was everything she had ever hoped for; warm, passionate, and caring. Jude let out a low chuckle as she recalled the embrace, before pushing herself off the wall and proceeding to her own bedroom. 

Jude had honestly surprised herself. She never thought she'd be so helplessly and foolishly infatuated with anyone ever again-let alone a woman. The feelings she had for Lana were so foreign, but so thrilling and enchanting.  She hated leaving her side, and yearned for the next time they will be together.

As she reached her office she chuckled to herself once more. Excitement and happiness now coursing through her veins, Jude was the happiest she had been in years. This newfound elation with Lana was even more fulfilling than all those years she spent doting over Timothy (when she thought she was in love).

Although happiness and purpose consumed her, her heart was heavy with guilt. Locking Lana up in Briarcliff during a fit of rage will forever haunt her soul. Jude was her captor, her thief of freedom, and now she laid sick and incapacitated in a surfeiting cell. She needed to get her out, get them both out. Jude decided that after she successfully nurses Lana back to full health, she'd make some phone calls and see what she could arrange.

As she nestled into bed, Jude fell asleep with a slight grin on her face, Lana being the only thing that filled her mind. She was going to do everything she could so they could be together.
—//—

"How do you feel?" Jude asked as she lightly dabbed Lana's wound. She had taken up the position of her personal carer once again, after Lana had become ill with an infection that had set in. She suffered an incredibly high fever, which resulted in Jude losing 3 days of sleep. Making sure she kept a wet cloth on her forehead ensuring her temperature didn't raise any higher.

"I feel better today." Lana answered with a weak smile. Jude frowned and planted a soft kiss on Lana's temple. The pair had grown almost inseparable in the short time they had been spending together. Jude had completely unveiled her soft and nurturing side to Lana, which made the young woman fall even harder for her. 

Lana had fleeting thoughts of Wendy, but as the copper haired woman's face appeared in her minds eye her whole body flooded with animosity. Sure, Jude had been the mastermind and guiding hand of getting her admitted, but Wendy highhandedly signed her over just to save her career. If the shoe was on the other foot, Lana would have most definitely given up her career to save the supposed "love of her life." But none of that mattered to Lana anymore, for she had Jude.

Jude had become everything to Lana. She often found herself off daydreaming about the blonde beauty, and whenever she left her side Lana often felt distressed and dismal. She had become so accustomed to having Jude's warm presence around her, and was grateful for the nights when she was too tired to return to her chambers. Thus resulting in her falling asleep in the chair stationed beside Lana's bed. Lana knew she loved Jude, and could easily admit it. She never in a million years would have guessed that Jude felt the same way, but it just makes her love her even more.

Jude's hard work taking care of her, made it especially hard for Lana to admit how she was truly feeling. So, Lana had lied. She wasn't feeling any better than the week before, but she couldn't bare to tell Jude that. She was working tirelessly taking care of her. Lana's head pounded invariably when she slept and when she was awake. Her core ached, and she could barely stand the pain when trying to move. Her eyes were constantly heavy with exhaustion, yet all she did all day was sleep. She appeared feeble and her body felt weak, like there was no more fight left in her. 

"I know you're lying to me dear." Jude whispered as she carefully bandaged Lana back up. The young woman sighed and looked to Jude sympathetically, her dark brown orbs filled with exhaustion.

"I don't know why I'm not getting better. I have a constant headache and I feel so weak and tired....I don't know if I have much fight left in me." Lana creaked woefully.

Jude finished patching the young woman up and lowered her gown, absentmindedly running her hands over the fabric to smooth out the wrinkles. Jude knew she couldn't look Lana in the eyes or else she would begin to tear up.

"Don't say that." Jude whispered, as she swallowed the lump in her throat. Lana sensed the older woman's unease and reached for her hand, grasping it, interlocking their fingers. Jude lightly squeezed Lana's hand, in silent appreciation of the small gesture.

"Judy...Look at me." Lana spoke softly. She was the only one who ever called Jude by that name, and something so small made their bond even more special.

Jude slowly raised her head to look Lana directly in the eyes. The two women shared a moment of silence as they stared at each other in an odd way, both of them knowing what was happening. They had silently accepted the outcome, but neither dared to speak of it. Their glances rested easy upon each other, until Jude couldn't hold it back any longer, and they found themselves immersed in tears-they began crying.

They knew they couldn't be heard, for it was late in the night and the women's ward was fairly noisy from loud snoring, and the faint sound of sleep murmurs. Jude re-positioned herself on the small bed so that she could embrace Lana. She wrapped her arms around Lana's delicate frame, her cheek resting on the top of her head. The pair stayed this way for quite awhile, appreciative to have one another.

Jude was sure Lana had drifted off too sleep, but after a couple moments she heard Lana sigh, and began to wipe the fallen tears from her face, before raising her head to look at Jude once again. Jude felt an urge to do something, to comfort her further, but also herself. She tenderly pressed her lips against Lana's, and felt as the young women's body loosened, seeming to melt right into her embrace. As Jude slowly pulled away from the graze, Lana craned her neck up to place a kiss on Jude's cheek and looked up into her hazel eyes once again.

"I love you Judy." She said strongly and confidently.

Jude closed her eyes and smiled as she fought back the urge to cry once again-her tears would be of happiness. No one had ever said that to her before with such meaning, and it made her heart swell with love. She had finally found love, it was unexpected and definitely not intended, but she wouldn't want it any other way.

"And I love you. Mrs. Lana Banana." She replied with a slight toothy grin.

—//—