Chapter 1

((**A/N** Hi hi!!! This story is gonna be a looooot darker than my other ones so far O_O Ummm... Emi's outfit for this chapter is the same as the one in the picture, except her skirt goes down to her knees. As usual, thankies to everyone for reading!! ^~^ ))

It's the weekend, meaning that I finally have a couple of days to myself. School is so, so tiring. I get bullied pretty badly, and it's always tough to focus on the homework. I try my best, I really do, but I can't help but find every break I get to be a relief. 

And anyway, this weekend, a new batch of merch for Ruri-chan, the new up-and-coming idol, is being released! I'm something of a self-admitted idol otaku. I've been made fun of for it a lot, but the world of stars is just so enchanting. As plain and boring as I am, the idea of being just like the pretty girls on stage makes my heart pound. 

Emi Kohaku... it's such a plain name. I've never really liked it. 

I've never liked myself too well either. My personality is bland, I'm nowhere near cute, and I'm just chubby enough that I've gotten bullied for it for years. 

So all I can really do is idolize the world that's out of reach. Childhood dreams of being a star die quickly when reality hits. I know that the closest I'll get is attending concerts and buying merch, imagining myself in the idols' places every time.

Those kinds of things are running through my head as I walk, clutching my shoulder bag close. I'm headed downtown to the department store where the release is being held. I've got to hurry. If you're late to this kind of thing, everything gets sold out. 

It's... getting kind of depressing, honestly. I don't know why my head never lets up. It's like every day, something is intent on going wrong or making me feel bad. 

I speed up my pace a bit, trying to shake the thoughts. 

...which is when, thanks to my head being down, I bump right into someone. 

"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry!" I squeak, bowing on reflex. I then hesitantly look up, hoping that whoever it is won't be mad at me... or hold me up. 

It's Kou Mukami. 

I think I almost choke. Kou Mukami. An actual, real-life idol that I'm meeting outside of any signing or handshake event. Not that I'd gotten to any with him in the first place. Kou is popular enough that his events are way out of my budget. I'm usually not too into male idols, but... Kou is just too pretty. 

Even prettier in person, I think, looking right into his aquamarine-blue eyes. He's stunning. I feel sort of guilty even being in his presence. 

"Hey, no worries," Kou smiles, just a little bit strained. "Sorry, but I need to get out of here. Got some fans who're getting a little too friendly." Just as he says it, I hear voices in the background. Girls, and it sounds like they're searching for someone. Kou suddenly looks nervous. 

"Shit," he says, making a bit of a face. "If they catch me, it's gonna be bad... Hey, do you know the area?"

"Um, y-yeah. I live just over there." I point. 

"Great! You're really gonna save me here, kitten." Kou grins with a bit of a smirk, grabbing my hands. "I need you to hide me. You know the streets and stuff, so just get me somewhere where those girls won't find me. You can do that, right? One of them is rich enough that her catching me offstage would make loads of trouble."

My head is spinning. My heart is pounding. He's holding my hands. I feel sort of like I'm going to pass out. A real-life idol is holding my hands and I didn't even pay for it. 

"O-Of course! Follow me."

I take the lead, jogging down the closest side-street I know. I remember from when I was younger that one of the people on this street has a shed facing the alley behind their house. I hid out in that shed plenty of times when I was being chased by my bullies, and I know it's still there.

Two sharp turns later and we're in the alleyway. I'm trying not to think too hard about the fact that there's an idol right beside me. If I did, I'd probably have tripped by now. I can hear the girls in distance, clearly on our trail. 

"Here's a place to hide," I say when we've reached the shed. "The door's always unlocked. Umm... I know it's a little dirty, but no one should find us here."

"It'll do," Kou groans, looking back in the direction of the voice. He must really be desperate. 

We duck inside the shed and I shut the door behind us, locking it from the inside. It's quickly sinking in that I'm shut in a very small, very intimate space with Kou Mukami; one of the idols I've adored for years. I know I'm blushing by now. I'm surprised that I'm not even more of a mess. This kind of thing only happens in anime, right?

After about a minute, the voices get closer. I hold my breath. The girls are right outside. This is the moment of truth for if they'll notice the shed. 

"Where did he go?" one of them asks. 

"I don't know! I saw someone with him; maybe it's a local who let him inside."

"Aaah, how are we going to find him now... I wanted his autograph so bad..."

"Shut up, and let's keep looking. Maybe he just went a bit farther."

The voices pass by soon enough, footsteps fading into the distance. I breathe a sigh of relief. They didn't notice us. No one even glanced at the shed. Thank goodness. 

"Ah, you really saved me," Kou sighs once we're out, stretching a bit. I know I'm staring. He's so pretty it's almost unreal. Just the shape of his torso through his thin shirt is making me sort of dizzy looking at it. Don't even get me started on his smile. 

"I-I'm glad I c-could help," I stutter, unable to meet his eye. "You should b-be okay from here, right?"

"Mm, yeah. Now that they're gone, I should be fine as long as I'm careful. It's a bit of a walk back to where I'm supposed to meet my manager, but I'm sure it'll be okay." Kou flashes a downright brilliant grin. "Thanks again... what's your name?"

"Emi Kohaku. Um, n-nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, Emi. I'm Kou Mukami, but you probably know that."

I'm staring. My heart is pounding out of my chest. This is just too much. "Y-Yes, I know that! I'm a fan... um, not like those girls! J-Just a fan. Your s-shows are always amazing..."

"Haha, I figured. You're looking at me like you can barely believe I'm real. You know, Emi... now that I'm really looking at you, you're kinda cute."

Wait, what?