Chapter 5

((**A/N** Today, Emi gets to try on cute outfits! Or at least, that's what Kou would say about it... >w>))

Within seconds of stepping into the store, I'm uncomfortable. These kinds of clothing are NOT meant for people like me. I'm plain, chubby, and shy; not at all suited for skimpy, flashy outfits that draw attention to all of the wrong places. 

But Kou seems perfectly content. He takes me to the very back of the store, right near the changing rooms. 

"Alright, kitten. Wait here for a minute, okay? I need to pick out some outfits for you and reserve a changing room. Be right back~" With a wink, he leaves. 

I'm left standing there in the most awkward store I've been in in my life. 

In the few minutes it takes Kou to get back, I manage to bring myself close to an anxiety attack. There's no way I'll be able to satisfy his expectations. I'm not going to look as good in this stuff as he thinks I will. He's going to be disappointed with me, and then all of this will come to an end. I'm almost in tears from the thought when Kou approaches. 

"Here we go~" he chirps. "Room number four is yours, and here's your first outfit. Put it on, then step out and show me. I need to analyze things, you know?"

"A-Alright... I'll be quick." I nod, take the outfit he's holding out, and duck into the changing room area. 

When I hang it on the intended hook, I'm shocked at what I see. 

The outfit consists of a short, black crop-top patterned with white bows and a matching skirt

The outfit consists of a short, black crop-top patterned with white bows and a matching skirt. A loop of white lace is the top's only sleeves, and more rows of the same lace decorate the dangerously short skirt. I gulp. 

Kou can't actually expect me to wear this. 

But... I don't want to say no. He's being kind enough to offer me this chance, so I need to take it. I take a deep breath and start to strip. 

Getting into the outfit is just as uncomfortable as I expected. The skirt only goes to my mid-thighs, and the top hugs my chest way too tightly. My bra showed through when I tried to keep it on, so I'm forced to go without. Worst of all, the top is short enough that my stomach sticks out embarrassingly. I don't dare look at myself in the mirror. 

And Kou wants to see this. I bite my lip. I don't want to, but there's really no choice. He's my trainer, and he asked me to do it. 

Hesitantly, I inch the door open. I'm expecting Kou to be waiting further out, but as soon as I open the door--

"Awwww, kitten, that looks precious on you!"

I yelp. Kou was right there. 

It's hard to resist the urge to cover my chest. Or stomach. Or tug down the skirt. I can't look Kou in the eye. This is beyond embarrassing. 

The next thing I know, I hear the click of a picture being taken.

When my eyes flicker up to Kou, he's holding his phone up and pointed right at me. I feel my face going scarlet. Wearing this outfit was bad enough, but Kou taking pictures? I barely resist the urge to try to snatch his phone away from him. I can't, I remind myself. This is for my future. It's scary, but Kou has my best interests in mind. There has to be a reason. 

"Wh-Why--!?"

"I need reference images, of course!" Kou smiles. "How else can I keep track of what you look the best it? And anyway, you look so good, kitten. If you were a little skinnier and had your makeup done right, you'd be super cute~!"

I flush even more. How am I supposed to handle compliments from an actual idol? Maybe I can do this. If it means that Kou will praise me like that...

Kou takes a few more pictures before handing me the next outfit.

"Here, try this one on next. I'll get some more pics once you're in it."

"Alright. J-Just a minute." I duck back into the changing room. 

The next one is even worse

The next one is even worse. This outfit combo consists of an absolutely tiny pair of pink shorts made from thin, gauzy material and a skimpy top made of the same. Once again, there's no way I'm able to wear a bra with it, and this time, the fabric is thin enough that things clearly show through. On top of that, the shorts barely cover my butt. 

When I accidentally glance in the mirror, I couldn't be more embarrassed. I look ridiculous. I look like a cheap rip-off of the girls who have always bullied me. 

But even so, I step out to face Kou. 

Once again, he coos over me like crazy. He says that I look perfect, and that he's totally figuring out what my style is going to be. He takes more pictures. I stand there and try to bear it, even though I feel like I could almost be sick. 

This is so uncomfortable. I hate dressing so provocatively. Just having Kou stare at me makes me want to curl up into a little ball and hide. 

"Do a little twirl, kitten!" Kou encourages me, making a spinning gesture. 

Trying to look enthusiastic, I obey. This is what I have to go through to achieve my dream. Kou promised he'd help me, so long as I do what he says. All I have to do is bear with this. I can do it. If I want to be an idol, I have to put up with the training that entails. Kou knows more than I do, so listening to him is smart. He's famous for this. 

"Here's the next one! Go get changed! We need so many more pictures~!" Kou gushes, shoving the next embarrassing outfit into my hands. 

I smile and step back into the changing room.