ten

"Bella are you okay?"

Charlie barged into the Emergency room. He noticed the other kid in there and assumed this was the kid who caused the crash. "You and I are gonna talk! You alright?"

"I'm fine dad. Calm down." Bella tried to keep him at Bay while one of the doctors was looking the boy over.

If Elena didn't know any better she would've though Charlie was about to make sure he wouldn't be able to drive ever again.

"I'm sorry Bella, I tried to stop." Tyler apologized. Elena rolled her eyes. Bella couldn't get checked out without Tyler apologizing every two seconds.

"I know. I-it's okay." She turned away from him and back to the nurse in front of her.

"No it's sure as hell not okay!" Charlie glared at him.

"Dad, it's okay, it wasn't his fault." Bella defended the boy before Charlie could keep going.

"You could've been killed. Do you understand that?" Their father asked Bella.

"Yes. But I wasn't so." Bella trailed off wanting the conversation to be over.

"You can kiss your license goodbye." Charlie pointed to Tyler.

"Ha!" Elena laughed before earning a glare from her sister.

"I heard the chief's daughter was in." A familiar voice called as he walked into the room.

"Dr. Cullen." Charlie greeted.

"Charlie." Carlisle nodded his head.

"Elena. It's nice to see you again. Sadly under these circumstances." Elena just gave a small smile back still hurt about what his adoptive kids did.

"You too Dr. Cullen." He smiled to her before turning to the nurse.

"I've got this one Jackie." The nurse handed him the clipboard and left.

"Isabella." He read over her charts.

"Just Bella." She corrected.

"Well Bella, it looks like you took quite a spill. How do you feel?" He finally looked up from the chart in front of him to see the other Swan he had yet to meet.

"Good." She answered. Carlisle then started to do a little eye exam.

"You might experience some Post Traumatic Stress, Disorientation, but you're vitals look good. No signs of any head trauma." He looked to Charlie as to assure him that everything was working perfectly fine in his daughters body. "I think You'll be just fine."

"I'm so sorry Bella I-" Elena jumped up from next to her sister to turn around and close the curtain between the Swan family and Tyler. Charlie looked at his daughter as though he had the same idea. Elena sighed and plopped back down next to her sister and grabbed her hand.

"You know it would've been a lot worse if Edward hadn't been there." Bella spoke to Carlisle. "He knocked me out of the way."

"Edward. Your boy?" Charlie asked the Doctor in front of them. Elena looked between Bella and Carlisle trying to see if Bella was lying or if Carlisle looked surprised.

"Yeah, it was amazing. I mean he got to me so fast, he was no where near me." Bella explained.

Carlisle looked up at her, "sounds like you were very lucky. Charlie." He walked away. To Elena, Carlisle didn't seem phased by what Bella told him. Maybe Edward had already told him that he saved Bella. But if anyone's child was in danger wouldn't they show a sign of shock or anything?

Elena stared at him as he left. Something was up with them. Finally Bella was allowed to leave and the three left the Emergency Room.

"I gotta sign some paperwork, Bella you should uh, call your mother." He swing Bella's backpack around his shoulder.

"Did you tell her?" She asked him.

Charlie gave her a look that said 'duh' causing Elena to let out a laugh. "What?" She asked as her sister and father looked at her.

"She's probably just freaking out." Bella pulled out her phone and started walking away from her family.

"Go sign those papers. The faster we get home the faster this homework gets done." Elena patted her backpack. Her dad sighed and walked off while Elena followed her sister.

"Bella you got to understand-" Elena's voice was cut short as Bella shushed her. Bella nodded her head around the corner. Elena was confused at first then both girls overheard some whispers that didn't sound too friendly.

Elena saw Carlisle, Rosalie and Edward standing all together. Rosalie looked like she wanted to kill her brother.

Carlisle whispered to them and all three turned in the direction of Bella and Elena. Bella tried to back up but Elena held her in place. Elena slightly waved to the family, Carlisle gave her a smile back and Elena could've swore she saw Rosalie's mouth move into a slight smile before Bella spoke.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Bella Stared at Edward.

Carlisle escorted his daughter away and Edward made his way over to the two girls. Once he made his way over to them he asked, "what?"

Elena scoffed, "Asshole alert. Your family is so much nicer." Elena turned to her sister, "I'm gonna go see if Dad's done Bells. Catch up when you're done." Elena glared at the boy before walking away to find her father. She wanted to get away from that guy as soon as possible.