twelve

"Hey! La Push baby, you two in?"

Bella and Elena were automatically confused.

"Should we know what that means?" Bella looked at her sister then at Eric.

"La Push beach down on the quileute Rez, were all going tomorrow." Mike explained.

Elena looked at him with interest. His voice was deeper and husky for a second which kind of attracted her to him.

"Yeah, there's a big swell coming in." Jessica added as she stared at Elena who was smiling at Mike.

"And I don't just surf the internet." Eric jumped on his chair gaining the groups attention. Mike copied his movements forgetting the girl who was looking at him. Elena immediately rolled her eyes, her sudden interest in the boy disappearing as fast as it appeared.

"Eric You stood up once. And it was a foam board." Jessica announced. Elena laughed loudly and blushed when she saw everyone's attention on her.

"But there's whale watching too. Come with us." Angela placed her hand on Bella's arm.

"La Push baby. It's La Push." Eric started trying out different ways to say the word.

Bella looked at her sister who rolled her eyes. "Okay we'll go if you stop saying that." Elena took a bite of her apple with a smile on her face.

"Yeah definitely." Bella agreed before walking off to get her lunch.

Elena went to follow before she heard a bell like voice behind her. "Elena." Alice called to her as she appeared.

"Hey Alice." She was confused as why Alice was there because she knew the family kept to themselves. Elena's friends looked at the pixie girl in shock because this was the first they were seeing of a Cullen sibling going up to someone who wasn't one of them.

"Can I borrow you for a sec?" The girl didn't wait for an answer before pulling Elena away.

"What's up?" Alice and Elena were the only two in the hallway.

"I was wondering if you were busy this weekend?" Alice already knew that Bella and Elena were hanging out with their friends but was hoping she wouldn't go onto the quilete lands.

"Tomorrow I'm going with some friends to La Push beach I think? Why don't you all come with us? You know just get to know people?" Elena asked trying to get her friend to branch out.

"I'll let you know." Alice hesitated. "But if we can't I'm going to borrow you the day after okay?" Elena nodded but stared at her friend questionably.

"What are we going to do?" She asked.

"You'll see. You're going to love it. I just know it!" Alice clapped before skipping back into the cafeteria.

Elena shook her head and entered to head back to her friends. Bella was already sitting there with two bowls of salad one for her and one for her sister.

"Thanks Bells." Elena started to eat her food but she couldn't help but feel like she was being stared at. Of course she looked around the room before she noticed Jasper staring at her with a slight smirk on his face. If you had just looked at his face for a split second then you wouldn't have noticed it but Elena has been studying his emotions for a while and she immediately noticed it.

Elena blushed quickly and sent him a smile before she went back to eating her salad.

The next day Elena and Bella were sitting in the back of Tyler's van along with Angela. Mike, Eric and Jessica were in wetsuits to do surfing on the beach.

The day was extremely cold so Elena and Bella wore multiple layers. There was a lot more students than Elena thought were going to be there.

Eric, Mike and Jessica were deep into their conversation about how Eric wants to back out while Jessica started a conversation with the twins.

"So I keep thinking Eric's gonna ask me to prom. And he just, doesn't." She sighed.

"You should ask him." Elena looked at the girl. She could tell Angela really liked the boy but he was too oblivious about it.

"Take control. You're a strong, independent woman." Bella finished adding on her opinion.

"I am?" Jessica asked.

"Yes." "Duh." The twins answered together before being me with a smile and Jessica appearing asking for Angela's help.

The twins opened a candy bag and started eating it before a group of three boys with long hair appeared.

"Bella! Elena!" Jacob called.

"Jake!" Elena hopped out of the van and hugged her friend before greeting his friends. "Hi I'm Elena." The boys smiled and introduced themselves before Elena went and sat back down with her sister.

"Hey, Jacob. Guys this is Jacob." Bella introduced him to her friends.

"Hi." He greeted before Elena scooted over and pulled him to sit in between the girls.

"What are you stalking us now?" Bella teased.

"You're on my Rez remember?" He laughed. "Are you surfing?"

"Definitely not." Bella handed the boy a piece of licorice which he took happily.

"You guys should keep Bella company. Her date bailed." Jessica announced laughing.

Elena immediately glared at the girl. It seemed to her that all Jessica wanted to do was be the top dog without any competition. Jessica was trying to embarrass Bella without making it seem like it.

"What date?" Eric's voice asked.

"She invited Edward." Jessica laughed again.

"To be polite. That's it." Bella was staring at the ground.

"I think it's nice she invited him. No one ever does." Angela shot back.

"Yeah cause Cullen's a freak." Mike scoffed before looking at Elena, "they all are."

Elena glared at the boy who immediately looked anywhere but at her. She was just starting to warm up to the kid and of course he had to ruin it.

One of Jake's friends laughed, "yeah you got that right."

"Alright I'm out of here." Elena finished her candy before tightening her jacket around herself and walking away from the group.

How rude could they possibly be. The Cullen's didn't grow up with the entire town so they were automatically labeled freaks? Maybe the people in this town were just rude people.

"Elena!" The girl heard Mike's voice as she walked away. Elena shot him the middle finger before continuing to walk away alongside the shoreline.