twenty seven

"Good morning."

Elena opened her eyes and was met with the smiling but worried face of Jasper Hale. Her eyes widened and she was overcome with the feeling of joy and love.

"Jasper!" She pushed herself into a sitting position and grabbed onto him. The wires and needles bothered her of course but she was happy. "Are you okay?!" She asked frantically.

"You're the one in a hospital and you're asking me if I'm okay?" He chuckled. "You're something else Ms. Swan." She rolled her eyes and hugged him again.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispered to him. His grip on her tightened and he dug his face into her neck.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"For what?" She pulled away and stared at him. He sat next to her and sighed.

"Not getting there fast enough." He growled.

"Jas. You got there in time to get rid of him. Edward got there in time to catch me before I got hurt even more but Jasper, you saved us. Don't be sorry. I'm alive. I'm here with you." She grabbed his hand but he kept his gaze at the floor.

"Jas look at me." Hesitantly he looked to his mate. "You saved me. You saved my sister. That's all I could ever ask for." She pulled him to her and kissed his lips. It was a surprise attack to him but once her lips touched his, all of his worries went away. No one else existed but the two of them.

"Ahem." Charlie and Renee appeared in the doorway. "You're going to wake your sister up." Renee giggles. Jasper stood up and stood by Elena's side.

"Chief Swan." Jasper nodded to Elena's father who nodded back.

"Elena honey how are you feeling?" Charlie made his way over and took Jasper's spot on the bed.

"I'm fine Dad. Just a bit tired is all." She yawned.

"Well you're not getting any more sleep I think you've had enough." He placed a hand on her leg and patted her.

"Oh my baby!" Renee Hugged her youngest daughter and tried not to cry.

"Hi mom. Dad, what do you mean?" Elena was confused. Sure it was day time but it had only been a few hours, right?

"Elena honey. You've been out for two days." Renee laughed.

"What now?" Elena looked between all three of the people around her. There's no way this was true. "Nope. No way." I don't believe it." Renee pulled out her phone and showed Elena the date. Sure enough it was two days later.

"Oh. Okay." Elena stopped talking but gasped. "Bella! Where's Bella!?" Elena almost hopped out of the bed before the curtain next to her was opened.

"I'm right here. You're loud." Bella yawned. Elena could see Edward in the corner but saw his eyes closed. Vampires don't sleep?

"Oh thank god! Are you okay?"

"Leave it to Elena to focus on other people's pain and not her own." Renee laughed.

"The doctors said the two of you should be able to come home in a few days. You're gonna love Jacksonville honey." Elena was immediately shocked. What did she mean by Jacksonville?

"What?" Elena asked confused.

"I'll leave you all alone." Jasper left the room with Edward right behind him.

"What do you mean I'm going to love Jacksonville? I'm not leaving Forks mom." Elena sat up straight ready to argue with everyone and anyone. She had found someone to make her happy and she wasn't about to give him up and move to another state.

"It's gorgeous there honey. It's sunny everyday. Don't you love the sun. Don't you wanna be on the beach?" Renee tucked a stray strand of Elena's hair away.

"Of course I do mom and I will, when I go visit you. I'm staying in Forks mom and nothing you say can change my mind." Elena's arms went over her chest.

"Told you." Charlie and Bella spoke together.

"Does this have to do with a certain boy?"

"It's possible." Renee sighed. "Mom I really like Jasper. He's not like any of the guys from Arizona and no one will ever compare to him. He's the sweetest guy I have ever met and he makes me nothing less than happy. He's really great mom." Renee sighed remembering how she felt about her boyfriend.

"Alright honey. But you're going to have to bring him by to visit sometime. I'm sure Phil will want to meet him, and Edward too Bella." Elena smiled while Bella blushed.

"It's a deal. Now, when can I eat?" The Swan family laughed at Elena. With that girl it was all food and sleep for her and they wouldn't want that to change about her. Ever.