Episode 1-Forbidden Feelings

Ethan: "Happy birthday, Y/N." He gifts me with a hug

I melt. Ethan and I share the same birthday. Our mothers have been best friends since high school. Since they gave birth the same day, Ethan and I have been inseparable.

"Happy birthday E-tee-wee-tee." I tease. He hates it when I call him that 

Ethan: "Y/N, don't call me that." He grins. His smile is everything, it always makes me fall in love. 

I've had a crush on Ethan since we were in middle school. The thought of him being mine disturbed me a little. If things don't work out, our friendship would vanish. 

Ethan: "Hey, it's your birthday. What's with the frown?"

"Nothing. I'm just worried that our friendship would someday just end." I mutter

Ethan: "Y/N, you know that'll never happen. I love you." He leans in and kisses my cheek. 

"I love you, too." Only if he knew I loved him a different way. A boyfriend way. 

Ethan: "Come on, let's head out. Grayson is waiting for us." He grasps my hand and leads me out of the house, passing our parents. 

Mom: "Where's our birthday twins going?" She smiles

Ethan: "We were just heading out to see Gray."

My mother's eyes look down at our intertwined hands. She gazes up at me, her eyes blazing with anger. I knew what she was trying to say. We talked about it earlier.

Lisa: "Ethan, make sure you come home."

I loved Ethan's mother. She was one of the "cool" moms. On the other hand, my mom is the "put on sunblock" moms.

Ethan: "Don't worry mom." He lets go of my hand and walks over to his mother. He hugs her tightly, following by a kiss on her cheek

Lisa: "Happy birthday my baby boy." She sobs 

Ethan: "Mom, I'm only 21 years old." He rolls his eyes

Lisa: "Only if your father was here to see you boys grow." She starts to weep. Ethan hugs her again

Ethan: "I miss him too mom." He sighs. 

It was the twins' second birthday without their dad, Sean. He won his battle of cancer 2 years ago. I knew the twins loved him dearly. Without him, they wouldn't be here or famous. Oh, I forgot to mention. Ethan and Grayson are the Dolan Twins. Yes, the Dolan Twins are my childhood best friends. Well, Ethan is my best friend, not Grayson. Grayson and I haven't talked ever since that kiss. The kiss that broke us apart. The kiss Ethan can never know about. Secretly for 9 months, Grayson and I were in a relationship. Ethan didn't like the idea of me dating his twin. He never told me why he thought it was disturbing.

Ethan: "Well, I better head out. I love you." His lips land on his mom's forehead as she smiles. 

Lisa: "Go have some fun. I'll see you three later." 

Ethan heads towards me and tries to grab my hand. I pull my hand away, knowing my mom is watching us. He opens the door for me and I walk outside.

Ethan: "What's wrong? What did I do?" He shuts the door

"What do you mean?" I act innocently.

Ethan: "You didn't let me hold your hand."

I sigh. "My mother is overprotective."

Ethan: "I don't think that's the only reason. You've been acting weird lately. Is something wrong?" He caresses my face. His touch sends my heart pulsing at full speed. I can't keep this secret in my heart anymore. I need to tell him. Sooner or later. No, I need to tell him now. 

Ethan: "Whatever it is, you can tell me. You know that."

I inhale. Here it goes. "Ethan, I love you. Not as  a friend."