Episode 3-Taking Chances

Ethan: "Y/N, you should've told me sooner. I love you more than a friend."

My heart races as he starts to look down at my lips. 

"Y-You do?" I stutter nervously. 

Ethan: "I thought you knew. I was trying to give you a hint all these years." Holding hands, kissing my cheek, the gifts, the I love you's. How did I not know?

"Ethan, we can't be together. You know our parents would freak."

Ethan: "Look, we can convince them. Come on, it's our birthday."

"E, what if this doesn't work out? Will our friendship be ruined?"

Ethan: "Why would you say that? We'll always be friends." I shrug. My friendship with Grayson got ruined after we broke up. But I couldn't tell Ethan that. He would freak. 

Ethan: "Does your mom know about your crush on me?"

I laugh. "Of course she does. That's why she got mad when we were holding hands."

Ethan: "That's why you didn't let me hold it the second time."

I nod. "Ethan, we've been friends since birth. Are you sure you want to change this?"

Ethan: "Y/N, can I tell you a little secret?"

I nod. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone." I cross my fingers

Ethan: "I've always wanted to kiss you."

"Umm, you've kissed me before. You did today."

Ethan: "Yeah, on the cheek. I want to kiss you on these." He touches my lips with his finger, making me melt. Playfully, I bite his finger, causing him to yelp. 

Ethan: "Ouch, what was that for?" He whines. 

"Revenge. You bit my hand, so I bit your finger." I tease.

Ethan: "Oh yeah? What are you going to do after I bite your lip?"

"What? Why would you-" He leans in and his lips meet mine. His soft, warm lips kiss me gently. I pull back.

"Ethan, we can't do this. Our parents, our friendship." I pant

Ethan: "Y/N please. We can make this work." He begs

"Ethan, I really do love you, but we can't do this."

Ethan: "Maybe I can change your mind." He leans in again, but this time his hand is around my head. My body disobeys. I wrap my arms around his neck tightly. 

I feel his smile on my lips. "Ethan, don't stop."

Ethan: "I wasn't going to anyways." He murmurs

He continues to kiss me, his tongue invading my mouth. I feel his hands traveling don to my waist, slowly. Opening my eyes, I see Ethan's eyes closed. He's enjoying this.  I glance above his shoulder, looking at my house. Suddenly I see the front door swing open. Standing there was my father, mother and Lisa. I push back Ethan, causing him to fall on the ground. 

Ethan: "I-I'm sorry if I went too far." He pauses. He looks up at me, knowing that I wasn't listening. 

Ethan: "What's wrong? Don't worry about our parents. They'll never know." He caresses my cheek. I had no words. I was gaping at our parents.

Ethan: "What are you looking at?" He turns around, his back facing me. He jumps a little when he sees our parents. 

Ethan: "H-Hey mom. Hey Mr. and Mrs. L/N." He stutters. My mother stares at me, looking into my soul.

Mom: "What did I tell you? What did we talk about? I told you!"

"M-Mom, we can explain. Please just listen-" She cuts me off. 

Mom: "We agreed on this. You can't date him." She snaps

Lisa: "Ethan, what were you thinking?" She says calmly

Ethan: "Mom, I love her. I want to be with her." 

Mom: "You guys can love each other, but only as friends."

"Why Mom? Why wont' you let us be together?"

Mom: "BECAUSE I AM YOUR MOTHER!" She yells. 

"Mom, please. I love him and he loves me."

Mom: "No! I'm not letting this happen."

"How are you going to stop us, huh?" I snap. She crosses her arms and smiles. 

Mom: "From this day forward, no more seeing each other. Ever."