Episode 2-Past Relationship

I inhale. Here it goes. "Ethan, I love you. Not as a friend."

Ethan stares at me like he's trying to understand. 

Ethan: "Do you love me as a best friend?"

I shake my head. "Ethan, no. I love you as-" He cuts me off

Ethan: "As a brother."

"Ethan, I love you more than that. I love you as-" He cuts me off, again.

Ethan: "As a cousin." He smiles. I cover his mouth with my hand. 

"Let me finish. I love you like a-" He bites my hand. I wince and pull my hand away, caressing the spot he bit. 

Ethan: "You still taste like cake." He laughs. I roll my eyes as I remember the moment when Ethan, Grayson and I had a full on cake fight. But, of course my mom ruins the fun when she sees Ethan eating the cake crumbs off my face. The thought of his lips all over my face made me melt.

Ethan: "Y/N, you really zoned out a lot today. What's wrong?"

"I was trying to tell you, but you kept cutting me off." I snap

Ethan: "Whoa, seems like somebody's on their period."

I roll my eyes. "What do you know about periods?"

Ethan: "I had to read stories about periods with Grayson for the Vogue magazine. And don't tell me you forgot the time-" I cut him off 

"Ugh, don't remind me. That was embarrassing."

*Flashback*

Middle school, seventh grade. The day my period started. 

I was walking down the halls, until I heard people snickering. 

"What's so funny?" I whisper to Ethan.

Ethan: "I don't know. Grayson, what's happening?"

Grayson: "Maybe they're laughing about my tweet."

Ethan: "What did your tweet say?"

Grayson: "I want to eat the whole cake."

Ethan: "Umm, you do know what the means, right?"

Grayson: "Duh, I love cake and you know that."

I look at the people who were laughing. They weren't looking at Grayson. They were looking at me. I pull on Ethan's arm. 

"They're laughing at me. Is there anything on my face?" He gazes own at my face, observing me. He smiles. 

Ethan: "You have your beautiful eyes, smile and cute nose." He touches my nose playfully. I blush.

We continue to walk the halls, and people continued to laugh. I turn around quickly when I feel someone touch my butt. 

"HEY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" I yell. Ethan and Grayson turn. I was face to face with the hottest guy in school. I flush.

Cameron: "I just wanted to say, I love a woman." He winks.

I feel Ethan grab my shoulder, pulling me back. 

Ethan: "Go fuck some of those hoes over there. Y/N isn't an option." I gaze up at him. His face was serious, angry and pretty hot. 

Cameron: "Shut up Viner. Only girls you can get are losers like Rachel."

Grayson: "Her name is Y/N. Leave here alone, unless you want your ass beat."

Cameron lifts his hands up, surrendering and smiling his sexy smile. He winks at me and walks off, making me turn beet red. 

Grayson: "Don't tell me you have a thing for that douche." He snarls. I shrug and ignore his comment. I knew I had a thing for Grayson.

Ethan: "Umm, this might be weird to say, but umm...I looked at your butt."

My eyes grew large. "ETHAN, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

Ethan: "I glanced at it, and I saw some red." He blushes

I gasp in horror. Oh no. I started my period in my white pants.

*Present Day*

I was brought back to reality when Ethan slaps my face playfully. 

Ethan: "Jesus, you scared me. You wee gazing out for a while."

"Just went through memory lane. What were we talking about?" I knew what we were talking about, but I was hoping he forgot.

Ethan: "You were going to tell me in which way you loved me."

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Just forget it."

Ethan: "No, Y/N. Tell me please. You can trust me. You know I love you." I blush as he grasps my hand and kisses it. 

"Ethan, I loved you since middle school. Not as a friend, a boyfriend." Ethan's eyes widen, shocked. Suddenly his frown turns into a smile 

Ethan: "Y/N, you should've told me sooner. I love you more than a friend."