Chapter 11- Letter

Four hours. Most of my time in the last four hours were spent in a way which people would regard as... useless. I just kept looking at him and I couldn't have done anything else. I was spellbounded by how good looking he was. Everything about his appearance shouted attractiveness in itself. Even though I couldn't be lost in his deep eyes while he was sleeping, I noticed he had eye lashes and eyebrows which anyone would crave. His skin looked as soft as petals of rose and I desired to touch him again. To embrace him again. And then, it struck me how could a guy like him want to spend time with a girl like me? I felt like I was a liability for everyone, for my parents, for Jaime and sometimes for Susan as well, so how could Austin be any different? He deserves someone better. Someone who doesn't have any problem in wearing her clothes, in going out, in loving and in walking. My mind brought images of me going out with him and people laughing at him for loving a girl like me. And before I could completely drown in the ocean of my absurd but true thoughts, he slowly opened his eyes.

"What's the time?" He shouted as soon as he woke up.

"Everything okay?" I asked looking at him rubbing his eyes.

"What's the time?" He asked again and then took out his phone himself.

"3:28," I said anyway. 4 hours since he fell asleep.

"Damn," he said getting out of the bed, "Damn, damn, damn."

"Do you have to go?"

"I'll explain later. Just accompany me for now," he said as he approached the door, furious with himself.

He came back. I was absolutely clueless about what was happening. He stood in front of me, took my hands to help me as I got on the wheelchair and then he hurriedly walked towards the hall. "Calm down," I said. The sound of switches being turned on as I made my way to the hall.

He was switching on the TV. "El clasico," he said. It was ridiculously over my understanding about why boys were so passionate about football or rather sports.

"Damn it, Austin. I thought it was something serious."

"It is," he said, "come take a seat."
I drived towards the sofa and he held the wheelchair upon reaching close to him. I held the handles of my wheelchair, lifted my hips and then took one of his hands to get enough support before I rested comfortably. He sat down just an inch away from me.

I could notice him patting his shoes repeatedly on the ground and biting his nails before he spoke, "so we are on time. Just a minute before kick off."

The players were shown one by one on the tv. Well, there were two familiar faces as well. Messi. And Ronaldo.

"Rule number one," he said, "don't ask me what happened when the game stops for no reason. That's offside."
I nodded.
"Rule number two- If I shout at you for no reason, look at the scoreline and if Barca is down, forgive me."
I nodded and smiled.

The crowd was sick, everyone was shouting the anthem in the instances depicted by the camera. "How many people are there?" I asked out of curiosity.

"99 thousand."

99k people shouting at the top of their lungs. And then the camera ran through the crowd again and the scene was so damn beautiful. What's that?" I asked.

"Mosaic," he said, "the fans are holding up coloured papers to create a picture at which you are looking. Beautiful, isn't it?"

Damn. Red and blue arranged in wide stripes in most part of the ground. A stand of the stadium was holding out the message- 'we colour football', pictured artistically in yellow. Meanwhile, one stand of the stadium was showing off its beauty with the slogan- 'Visca catalonia.' I was absolutely flabbergasted. It wasn't something I heard of even in a football loving country like England. Every player was now in position, the players in blue and red stripes on the right side of the screen. Their shirts had a sync with the jersey Austin was wearing at the start of the day. Blue and red. Barca.