Chapter 1 How Could This Happen?

Marinette looks up in horror when she sees the latest magazine front cover. She is not usually one to read tabloids as they are full of gossip about other people. However, this one has her face on it and to make matters worse is the caption that reads as follows: "Local lady in mid-thirties still Single and get this She has Never Been Kissed." She screams for the horror of it all, "Ah, how could this happen?  How did they find out?"

     "Miss do you plan to buy it?"   The man behind the register asks when she comes to it with the magazine still in her hand and the rest of her things on the conveyer belt already.

     "Y-Yes," She says embarrassed. She sure hopes he does not recognize her as the girl on the cover.  

      To her dismay, he takes one look at it, then back at her again, and grins.  " You are her!  Goodness, you are famous, so how about I tell you what I give you a discount on it if you will autograph my copy of it," The man says.

    "Uh, I..." Marinette says.

    "Come on hurry up," The lady in line behind her says annoyed.

    "Fine, I will take it," Marinette remarks.  She hands the guy the amount she owes him and sighs his copy of the horrible magazine.

   "Thanks, Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng," The man says with a grin.

     Marinette takes her groceries to her car.  She puts them inside and closes the trunk. She drives home with sunglasses over her eyes. She sure hopes no one else recognizes her as the woman on the cover of  People Magazine cause it is bad enough the store clerk did already.

    She arrives home in tears as she takes her things inside, and puts them away. She thinks great if Alya finds out I will never hear the end of it.

   Meanwhile, Adrien meets up with Nino at the local coffee shop and explains what happened.

   "Whoa, dude that stinks," Nino says.

   "I know you are telling me,"  Adrien replies.

    "Well, did she say why?" Nino asks.

   "Only that she was not ready to get married yet," Adrien scoffs.

   "Good day, she is not the one for you,"  Nino says.  He grins at the text Alya just sent him.

    "What has you all in a good mood?" Adrien asks.

"My girlfriend Alya sent me a text she has this friend who is upset because somehow a tabloid magazine got wind of the fact she is single after all this time and never been kissed," Nino explains.

   "Wow, and I thought my day was bad. Somehow this friend of Alya's sounds like her day was way worse," Adrien replies.

    "I know right and now Marinette is all upset about it. She is literally freaking out and asking Alya what to do,"  Nino says.

    Adrien sits there with a look that shows he is not sure what to think about this whole thing.  He does not say a word just halfway pays attention so as not to insult his best friend.

   Find out more in Chapter 2

-Summer out!