Chapter 3 The Nerve of Some People

Adrien's POV:
        Adrien drives away from the coffee shop and goes straight to the park. He sits on a bench and pulls out his cell phone. He calls the magazine copy and asks, "May I speak to the manager please?"  He waits for a voice to answer, "Yes, this is she speaking, how may I help you?"

     "I want to know how you could print such a distasteful ad on the front cover to your latest magazine?" Adrien asks.

    "I beg your pardon," Chole the magazine's manager replies into the phone.

  "I mean it you exposed someone's business just to make an article. It is so distasteful," Adrien states.

   "Well, sir I am sorry if it was an inconvenience to anyone, but it is too late to do a thing about it," She states.

  "Too late, what about a rebuttal?" Adrien asks. He sounds rather angry.

    "Sir, a rebuttal, ha, now that is a new one," Chole scoffs. She sounds like it is the farthest thing from her mind.

    "How about instead you bring us a bigger piece we can print and we will talk," The lady says next into her office phone.

   "Bigger piece, are you serious?  There is no way I will bring you the dirt on someone else. The damage you have done is bad enough," Adrien blurts out. He hangs up before this Chole person can say another word.

   Adrien is even angrier than he was before he called the place.  He can not believe the nerve of some people expecting him to bring them more stuff to publish. There is no way he will let himself be involved in anything so scandalous.   The very idea why it is unnerving that is what it is to him.

    Marinette's  POV:

     "Alya, I suppose it is their job to write things that interest people.  It just why did it have to be me?" Marinette asks.

     "Girl, I have no idea, but I believe those workers are so rude.  We should just forget them," Alya replies.

   "Yes, you are right," Marinette responds.

   "Marinette, you sure you will be okay, now?"  Alya asks her best friend.

    "In time I will, maybe not today, but I will be soon enough," Marinette replies.

       Alya gives Marinette a hug, then leaves. She might as well so she will not be late for her date with Nino.

    Marinette waves to Alya as she pulls away in her car. She thinks well at least I still have my best friend.  She smiles at the thought as she eats some ice-cream.

   Alya's  POV:

    Alya arrives just in time for her date with Nino. She is glad to see he did not have to wait too long for her to get there.  She smiles at him.  

   "Nino, you know the nerve of some people making my best friend cry," Alya says.

    "Whoa, she cried?" Nino asks.

    "Yes, but I think she will be alright.  In time she will recover, but I am not sure how she manage to show her face in public again," Alya states.

    "Funny, you should mention this, Alya.  Adrien was so furious he wanted to give them a piece of his mind," Nino says.

    "Well, then, I believe we have work to do," Alya tells him.

 Nino's  POV:

 Nino thinks the moment my girlfriend told me she believes we have work to do was when I knew I was in trouble.  What on earth does she have in mind?

  "Alya, do not tell me you agree with him?" Nino asks.