Chapter 2 Try to Take it Easy

Marinette sits on her sofa with Alya beside her. She is glad her best friend came over right away.  It was so nice of her no wonder they are so close. She hopes this never changes.  

         "Girl, try to take it easy," Alya remarks.

       "Take it easy, Alya, you can not be serious," Marinette says.

         "It will not do any good to stress out,"  Alya reminds her.

        "Too late for that I am afraid," Marinette replies.

         "Do not you remember that time high school?" Alya asks her.

       "Ugh, how can I forget?" Marinette asks.

   Marinette's  Flashback...

     Marinette was in the hallway to the highschool. She was this close to her confession to Luka. It was not going to be easy, but somehow she felt like she could do this. So with a boost of confidence, she steps closer to him.

    "Hi, there,"  Luka says.

   " Hi, Luka, I have your homework from the other day," She says.

    "Oh, and why would you even bother?"  Luka asks.

     "I  thought you and I could study for the test together," Marinette remarks.

      "You study with me when you have bigger problems on your hands right now," Luka scoffs.

         Marinette did not know why he laughs, but shrugs her shoulders and goes to her next class. After school, she chose not to speak to him since it was so awkward earlier anyway. It is not like she could do much to fix things with him. She might as well forget prom since she has no date.

       She goes straight to her room and hears the phone ring. She answers it and smiles when she recognizes his voice. It is Luka on the other end

    "Yes, that sounds swell!" Marinette says.

    "Great, see you!"  Luka says.  He hangs up, then laughs as it was a dare. He has no intention to see anything through, but she does not know this.

     A few days later, Marinette is all dressed up for prom, has her hair fixed nice, and even took time to do her makeup. Her mom snaps a quick photo of her.  A few minutes past and Marinette hears a car horn. She steps outside and someone waves at her.  

"Hi, Luka!" Marinette says.

  "Hi," Luka says.

      To her dismay, another girl is in the car with him, but before she can say another word she feels something wet touch her. She looks up to see a water balloon is on her dress and a few more in her hair.  Everything is ruined, she goes inside in tears. She thinks, why?  Why me? What did I do?

   End of Flashback...

   Marinette's  POV:
       Marinette looks at Alya with annoyance. 

  "How is the bad past memory supposed to help with this?" Marinette asks.

    "Girl, it is to remind you that life does not always give us what we want or expect," Alya remarks.

    "You mean how I am still single when no other girl my age is or at least it seems that way," Marinette responds.

      "I mean you can not just let the bad things in life keep you from focusing on the good things too," Alya tells her.

    "Alya, you are so right and I believe that is why we are still best friends after all this time," Marinette remarks.

      "Glad, I could help,"  Alya replies.

   Meanwhile, Adrien sits without so much as a word to Nino other than to say how horrid it is the magazine would drag some girl down like they did.

      "Adrien, dude, did you hear what my girlfriend's response was to it?"  Nino asks.

    "No, what?" Adrien asks.

     "Man, you are so not over your ex," NIno remarks.

    " Nino that does not mean you have to rube it in you know," Adrien says.

       "Sorry, man, now where was I?" Nino asks.

     "You were about to tell me, Alya's response,"  Adrien reminds him.

        Adrien's POV:

        Adrien thinks Nino does not realize how good he has got it.  He knows his best friend means well, but if the tables were turned would Nino still be his goofy self?  He shakes his head as he reflects on the topic and wonders where exactly this is headed.

     It is not like he ever met Alya's best friend, Marinette.  Yet somehow, he wishes he could punch the lights out of whoever made her cry.  He is sure she did by the way Nino goes on about it so much.  It just makes him furious to know someone else did not think twice about the article before they published it that is all.

        Adrien waits to see if Nino will ever get to the point as this conversation is starting to bore him to pieces. He dares not say so as it does keep his mind off other things.

        "Well, out with it man,"  Adrien says.

  Nino's POV:

    Nino is glad Adrien seems to have forgotten all about Kagami at least for the moment anyway.

      "Alya told me her first reaction was to go give those publishers a piece of her mind," Nino says.

   "Then, she tells me that Marinette begged her not too, so she just went to Marinette's to try to help her out the best she can instead,"  Nino goes on to say.

     "I think that was kind of Alya to comfort her friend, but I also think the magazine needs to learn not to repeat such a mistake," Adrien tells his buddy.

   "What do you intend to do about it?" Nino asks.

      "You will see all in good time," Adrien says.

  Adrien's  POV:

    Adrien knows the whole reason Nino asked him here was to try to help. As much as he appreciates his concern it does not help.   In fact, it just makes him upset about two things now instead of one.  First, he is furious for Kagami calling it quits and second with the People's magazine company for making Marinette look bad.  

    "Nino, I believe that I will do what I can to help her," Adrien says.

     "Adrien, now do not do anything rash," Nino remarks.

    "Ha, do not worry," Adrien replies.

     "Adrien, try to take it easy.  Goodness, everyone knows you will feel better if you do," Nino tells him.

     "Get off it, Nino,"  Adrien responds as he stands up, and walks away. His coffee is long finished and as far as he is concerned so is this entire conversation.  He heads out the door before Nino can say another word to him.  

    Find out more in Chapter 3

    -Summer out!