Chapter 5 | Keefe

Keefe trudged back to the dorm in complete silence, to the point you could hear a pin drop from miles away.

Opening the door, he heard Fitz gagging and hurling—at least nothing had changed here. He walked to his bathroom which was attached to his side of the dorm. Running the water, letting it fall through his fingers until it was an acceptable temperature, he took a shower.

The water felt warm against his skin, he let it wash away any trace of the slime that had clung to his hair like glue. He wished it could also wash away any trace of what he'd said to Sophie.

An arrogant fool. 

That's what he was, and that very arrogance may have just ruined his and Sophie's already tentative friendship.

Stepping out of the shower he groaned, analyzing his pathetic life; he may have just ruined his friendship with the only girl who ever looked at him for who he was, not for being pretty.

He checked his watch, it was six-thirty, still a little while before dinner—perfect—he had enough time to do three things, one, mope around and eat an excessive amount of ice cream. Two, go to the football try-outs and amaze the captain with his skills. And three, find a way to apologize to Sophie for being an in-love-with-himself jerk.

Thinking about the little list he'd created, he felt the first two seemed very small in comparison to the last one—then again getting enough ice cream to properly mope and wallow in his own pity would also provide a challenge.

***

"Alright, get up, you have football try-outs and we both know you don't want to miss it."

Keefe had just finished telling Fitz of his encounter with Sophie, he didn't tell him about his...growing affection towards her, he told him a version with him and her being tentative friends—which was probably the way she saw it too.

 "Fine," Keefe grunted falling rolling off the couch with a loud thump.  

***

Football tryouts were easy, all he'd had to do was really just chuck it around and look cool while doing it.

Now that he was done the football stuff, he could focus on dealing with the Sophie issue.

"So Fitzy-bear, you've had plenty of girls less than pleased with you, how d'you deal with it?"

Fitz's face went a bit pink, "I don't deal with it, remember Brenda? She was a nightmare, I never really made up with her, or Alexis, or—"

"We don't need to relive your long list of girlfriends and one-night flings."

"Whatever, just apologize to her—say, 'I'm sorry,' which I know will be very complicated for your mind—"

"Ouch, and I need to go and do that then." He said flopping down on his bed.

***

Keefe jogged to Sophie's dorm that she shared with her friend. Keefe knew where it was because, after a lot of harassment, Fitz told him where his sister's dorm was, which she shared with Sophie.

Walking down the halls, he just hoped Sophie wasn't there, he had something he needed to ask Biana. 

Once he reached the door, he knocked the times with his fists clenched. He heard footsteps nearing the door from within. The door cracked open and Biana poked her head out. "Hello, how can I help you—Keefe?" She said scrunching her eyebrows together. "What are you doing here."

He took a deep breath, "Is Sophie with you?" 

Her face twisted into subtle suspicion, "Why?"

"Just is she there?"

She looked at him for a moment, "No,"

 He loosed the breath he had been holding, "Good—I was hoping you could tell me what her favourite type of chocolate is."

Biana's face shifted into one of excitement, "Ooh, you guys are dating! I've been waiting for Sophie to find someone for sooo long now! Now I finally have an excuse to make her wear a dress, and do her hair, and makeup!"

Keefe choaked a little bit, "Gods, we're not dating Biana."

Biana nodded her understanding, "Got it—you're married—"

"We're not married."

"Fiancée?"

"No, just friends-ish." He said looking for any way to shut the crazy girl up. "So back to the topic of chocolate, can you just tell me and this won't be any more awkward then it needs to be?"

"Chocolate mint." She said having already given up the idea that they were anything more than friends.

"Thanks!" Keefe said and quickly ran out of the room.

Keefe had a plan, and this plan involved lots and lots of chocolate mint chocolates.

***

I had originally meant to end it there and have it be a complete cliff hangar, but @ILoveKotlc35 said, "Hey that was not nice I don't like it when you leave off like that but this is soooo good more please😋" after the last chapter, so I decided to make it longer.

***

Keefe rushed to the Foxfire parking garage and jumped in his Porsche. Using his phone to check the route, he drove to the best, most high-end chocolate shop in the area.

His plan was simple, buy hundreds of chocolate mint chocolates, and then leave them all over her dorm, make a dramatic entrance and beg for forgiveness. The plan was flawless in every way, just like him.

He pulled into the gravel driveway, and into the parking lot. The store from the outside was bright and colourful, and teeming with plant life. He strolled inside, looking around he saw there was an old lady sitting at the cash reading a book, all around the store there were many different types of chocolate, donuts, and other sweets.

"Hello, deary. is there anything I can get for you?" She asked peering up from her book. The woman gave him a smile that was warm and welcoming.

Walking over to the cash where she was sitting, he said, "Three hundred chocolate mint custard bursts." 

The woman shot up from her chair, "Goodness me, that's horribly unhealthy of you three hundred chocolates, back in my day that was—"

"I'm not going to eat all of them myself." She gave him an estranged look so he continued, "I did something to a...friend, and this is my way of apologizing, so can I have the three hundred chocolate mint custard bursts?"

She sighed, "Fine—though it's still very unhealthy of you young boy—but fine. I'll have to check if I have that many."

She scurried off into the storeroom and emerged a few minutes later with many crates stacked in her frail arms. "Here you go," she said, handing the heavy wooden crates over to him. "That will be..." She typed some stuff on her computer, "One hundred and seventy-eight dollars."

Keefe set the crates down and fumbled for his wallet, he handed her a hundred and ninety dollars, "Keep the change."

Picking the creates back up again, he loaded them all into his car. He was ready to do some serious Keefe-style apologizing.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that if u need a cover, I have a graphics shop! Mind clicking that little star up there?