Chapter 19 | Sophie

**Read all the way to the bottom for something truly scarring.**

"I'm never getting married," Sophie muttered as she was forced to help tighten Biana's wedding dress. "Seems like a fickin' nightmare." She winced at the dress Biana had insisted she wear, the dress clung to Sophie 

"I heard that," Biana responded to Sophie's quip.

"Sorry Miss—no sorry,—Mrs—Song."

Biana blushed a little. "Hush,"

Sophie just stuck her tongue out at her. 

"I think Keefe's rubbing off on you too much," Biana said, along with a long-suffering sigh.

"Literally or figuratively?" Sophie said with a dirty smile.

Biana's eyes widened a little bit before she added: "Well you do spend an awful lot of time in the—"

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence, or I will make Tam take one look and you and run away."

Biana just pouted. "Hey! The title of mean, psychotic, evil, painful, and sassy girl belongs to me! Don't you go stealing my hard-earned titles!"

Sophie gave her a vulgar gesture. (No, not the peace sign, or thumbs up, or a friendly wave, or a handshake.)

Biana laughed, "Can you at least promise to be nice to me while I'm up in front of everyone?"

"No promises."

Biana muttered something that sounded a bit like, !#$%^& *(!#$%^ !#$%^&*. Biana's language had never been too holy, but after they finished high school, she seemed to realize her parents weren't there to scold her about it and now cussed at any, and every opportunity. 

"Rude." 

"Y'know Biana, I've met a couple of pricks in my day, but you ma'am, are a frickin' cactus," Sophie said with a smirk that was known to piss the living hell outta anyone within a ten-kilometre radius.

"I the fact that it's my wedding doesn't give me any protection from the Sophie insults?" She said with a sigh, "Why do I even bother?" She asked herself when Sophie didn't respond with anything but a grin.

***

Biana's wedding after-party was hosted on an island in the Philippines, Sophie was eternally grateful for that, it meant that she got to live at a resort with the beach not far off, visible even from the balcony. The Vackers really did spare no expense did they?

But an after-party—for the wedding party? Is that even a thing? Maybe among the rich and famous...

She and Keefe were sharing a room, and a bed. Though Sophie supposed that she had Biana to blame for the latter, as the bride had said she was, 'Speeding along the next engagement.' She had a pretty good idea about what that meant, and didn't want them to be either confirmed, or denied.

It was early in the morning, almost six when she woke up. The windows permitting the softest of the island breezes in. The sweet island air would be one of the things she would miss most about living there—then again, the sea being right there wasn't too bad either...

Keefe snored loudly and Sophie got the idea in her head to wake him up. Slowly. Painfully.

The bathroom wasn't too far away, so she quickly slipped out of bed to grab her makeup bag. In the last few months, she had become far more prone to wearing makeup, not on this trip though, as it would just wash away and make her look like Satin in the morning incarnate.

He looked so peaceful dozing she almost felt guilty pranking him. But after pushing her into the pool...it was nothing he didn't deserve anyway...

it was nothing he didn't deserve anyway

^He ended up looking something like ^