Chapter 22 | Keefe

LAST CHAPTER, I AM LIKE ADDICTED TO THAT SONG! 

"So, Foster? Enjoying the time away?" Keefe asked, "Away from the stressful, horrid college life?"

"It's great honestly, the fact that I don't need to get up at six in the morning is amazing," she gave him a look, "and that you aren't resetting the clocks to say six am, at two in the morning."

He threw his hands up in the air, "Okay, that was one time! One time." After a moment's pause, he added, "It wasn't two in the morning," he gave her a grin. "It was one forty-five."

"Jerk,"

"You hurt me Foster, you really do."

"Good," Sophie responded flatly, not bothering to spare him more than a glance. "So, wanna get ice cream—I think there's a place down the beach—"

"If it's edible, I'm in."

"How are you not mortifyingly fat with a mindset like that?" Sophie asked with a raised brow. "At the Valentine's ball after-party you ate enough for everyone there and then someone."

"It's a little thing called 'stuffing your face skills', which I just so happen to be a professional at, and I'm the quarterback of the football team, I'm constantly running. I remember when you kicked me that one time, I'm honestly curious to see how many guys you could knock over with that—you could be our star player!"

"I have no interest in strutting around a field throwing balls around—" When she noticed his suggestive grin she elbowed him. "NO! You know what I meant—you dirty-minded pig!"

He put his hands up in the air, "Alright, just makin' sure. I mean, you are my girlfriend, after all, I think that means you can't be throwing around balls anyway—" He was cut short by Sophie messing up his hair.

"Oh no! You did not just touch the hair! That cannot go unpunished!"

"I'm your girlfriend, get over it."

He grumbled something. "Let's get that ice-cream."

"Whatever you say Hunky hair."

***

Sophie licked her ice cream, she had gotten cookies and cream, her all-time favourite. "Okay, so—" She was about to start up a conversation with Keefe when she noticed he was a few feet behind her. On one knee. Holding up a back box.

"So, uh Foster, will you marry me?" Keefe asked with a smile on his face.

It took her a moment to realize what he was asking, "Well, I dunno, that ice cream was pretty mediocre, I don't want to be stuck with mediocre ice cream for the rest of my life—" 

"Can I take that as a yes?"

"You sure can Hunky Hair."

***

Sophie barged into Biana's room, she was about to open her mouth to spew the details of what had happened when Biana forced her into a chair and started interrogating her.

"Did he do it? Did he do it? I was spying out the window, except you guys went out of sight behind some trees. Did he do it?"

Had they planned this? Sneaky little foxes they were, "Yes! He did!"

"AGHHH! YES! I TOTALLY THOUGHT THE ROOM SHARING THING WOULD WORK! YOU TWO ARE GOING TO HAVE THE CUTEST KIDS! I WILL GET THEM IN THE MODELING AGENCY! I WILL BE THE AWESOME AND FUN AUNT BIANA!" There was a short pause as she gathered more breath, "AND I WILL BE YOUR CHILDREN'S GODMOTHER, AND I SHALL BE THE AUNT WITH THE NEVER-ENDING SUPPLY OF OREOS! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY FOR SO VERY LONG!"

"Biana, you realized he just proposed, we aren't married yet." 

"Minor details, now—"

"Mind shutting up?"

Biana flushed, "Oh, sorry—just got a little excited there, though Keefe told me he was going to propose, that's why we went on this trip."

"I thought it was a wedding after-party?"

Biana snorted, "You really thought that? God no, this was an elaborate plan that Keefe and I made. What idiot has a wedding after-party? I already got married, why in the world would I need one?"

So that was why he had disappeared a few times last month before the trip. "You sneaky little foxes." 

The next day...

"I have decided to be a poet," Keefe announced as he strutted into the room.

"Mhm?" Sophie asked, not looking up from her book. "And I'm assuming you have many lovely poems you would like me to hear?"

"Yes, actually. Want to hear my favourite one?"

"Sure," she said bookmarking and closing her book.

"Roses are red, I'm built like a rock, let's roll in the sheets while you worship my—" 

"You can stop now, I'm having Biana come over, no more inappropriate limericks while she's here."

***

"God I love you," He said his eyes full of passion, "anyone else is nothing compared to you." Keefe said winking at the mirror. 

Biana watched him with a brow raised, "Sophie, how does it feel to be second best?"

"Honestly, you get used to it."

And the end. Thanks for reading my story, <3 Bye!

Was that ending good? I just wanted to leave it off on a smart-ass comment. Some day, I might add a bonus chapter. But as of now, this story is ... COMPLETE!