Chapter 7: "Liars go to hell," the demon said 🌑

Guess who ranked 4th in #liskook !

This specific chapter, including the next one, is made for the purpose of slowing things down and what better than some Jirose subplot?

Lisa called in sick for work

Lisa called in sick for work. Last week, after the incident with Jungkook and the perverted nightmare, it was heavily pouring, along with an excessive thunderstorm. If that wasn't worst, Lisa didn't have enough coins to take a bus, so walking with just a sweater as protection was her only option. No doubt she caught a dreadful fever once she got home safely.

There was an awful lot of sneezing, followed by an itchy throat and dry coughs. When she arrived on Monday, Jisoo suggested that she should head home and have a rest, but being the stubborn girl that she was, she was being persistent, insisting that it was just a common cold. That was when Jin swooped her up and drove her nauseated body home.

The ceiling seemed near to collapsing, as the now, healthy woman, stared at the soaked paint flaking and floating carefully down. A cup of herbal tea in a cracked mug was held firm in one hand, as she laid her head against the solid wall behind her.

Her rundown apartment was her safe haven from the unpredictable world, although it had it's negative perks. Black mold formed at the edges of the filthy carpeting, surrounding the pale woman. Windows were blurry, window tracks were developing a disgusting ebony. Lisa owned no furniture, nothing but two wooden chairs and a table, a mattress with a single blanket, and potted plants scattered about.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo were clear and obvious when they said they wanted her to move in with them. 'Straight A students don't belong in such a crummy space', they'd tell her.

It had only been a year since she moved in, and for an awful apartment, she would've preferred a motel. She wasn't able to pay for the expenses monthly, even the owner came close to kicking her out.

Food was scarce. The convenience store gave her a 50% discount, so she never ate until her shifts began. She become visiblly and incredibly thin. Cupboards were empty, with nothing but two cups and empty bowls of Ramen that were cleansed.