Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I left the hotel three days later and decided to go home to Italy. After everything that happened I phoned my father Giovanni De Luca and told him everything. He instructed me to come home immediately and so I did.

When I got here I cried in my papa's arms and he comforted me and told me to forget all about Ian and that everything was going to be okay.

My father is the head of the Italian mafia. He lives a dangerous life and for that reason and so many others I am not very close to him or my family. I met my father when I was six years old after I ended up in the hospital.

What happened was that I lived with my mother and her boyfriend along with my other five siblings in Mexico. I am the product of sextuplets. My mother who happens to be a product of triplets gave birth to the six of us. Three boys and three girls but we are only three left. Me and my brothers Alex and Jackson Rodriquez. However they changed their surnames to Grey.

My mother abused us and ended up selling me to a sex trafficker to pay off her debt she owed to some drug lord she took drugs from. For some reason the drug lord she gave me to took pity on me and never used me for sex as a matter of fact I am pretty sure he is the reason I ended up escaping that dreadful place and ended up in the hospital and that is when I met my father.

When I met my father I thought things were going to get better for me but it didn't. I was abused every day of my life when I lived with my mother and expected my father to take away that pain but he only ended up adding to it. He only stopped his abuse when I turned 16 and moved away from home to Boston where I received a full scholarship from MIT.

My brothers Alex and Jackson ended up being adopted and we reconnected with each other a few years ago. We never stopped looking for each other until we found each other. As for my other siblings, the girls Katarina and Kayla died. They got involved with the wrong crew and it costed them their lives. Kayla started dating a mafia leader and he ended up killing her. Katarina died three months after she tried to kill me by drowning me in acid which she never got to do because surprisingly enough my father came to my rescue.

My sisters always hated me because when we lived with our mom. Her boyfriend would take turns raping my little sisters and I would always get away before he had the chance to even touch me. They blamed me for how their lives turned out even though it was never my fault. As for my other younger brother Elio. He died when we were three.

My father had other kids from different woman but I don't get along with them either because when I moved here to Italy they watched how my father abused me. Some of them even joined in on the fun and that's why I hate them all.

You would think that because of all the abuse I went through as a child that I would hate my father but surprisingly enough I don't. I thought myself to love instead of hate. I hated many people who harmed me in my life and it made me a bitter and hateful person and that is something I didn't want. It only made me a very unhappy person so I let go of all that pain and moved on with my life.

I stayed in Italy for another three weeks when I decided that I needed a much deserved break and that is why I turned to my father and asked him if I could go on a vacation. I reached his office and opened the door to greet him only to get dizzy and ended up fainting.

I woke up later in the hospital.

"Really papa. It was not necessary to bring me her." I said just as the doctor walked in.

"Of course it is. You are my baby." I just rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations miss Rodriquez you are pregnant." The doctor said and it felt like my world just stopped. I was scared. How the hell am I going to raise a baby when the father is married to someone else? I started crying and my father started cursing under his breath. The doctor gave us a moment alone but came back later to do the ultrasound and then I heard it. Their heartbeats. Everything changed. All the worry disappeared and I realised then and there that my life was never going to be the same again and I welcomed the change.

"I cannot say for sure Miss Rodriquez but there is definitely more than one child in your uterus." The doctor said.

We left the doctor's office and a day later I thought it was finally time I talk to my dad and that is what I did.

I sat down with my dad and we had the talk.

"Daddy, I am happy about this. I finally get to be a mom and invest all of my love and affection on something that matters. "

"It is okay Mila. I will be with you every step of the way."

"Good daddy. I know I should tell him about them but I don't want to." I said and my dad sighed.

"He has the right to know Mila."

"Fine daddy. I will tell him but when I am ready. First, I need a vacation." I said and he nodded.

And that is what I did. I went on vacation for three months and by the time I got back to New York I was blissfully and completely happy. I decided that I couldn't delay it anymore and had to tell Ian whether I liked it or not. I did not come here with high expectations. As a matter a fact I am pretty confident that even if he wants nothing to do with me and my kids that we will be fine. I do not need him.

So here I am outside his office waiting for my replacement assistant to tell me to go in and she just did...